Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
50's during the day, 30's at night.

Things that make me happy:
When my girls play sweetly together
Seeing the joy and magic of Christmas through my little girl's eyes

Book(s) I'm reading:
David Platt's Radical

What I'm enjoying on TV:
Parenthood is by far my favorite show right now
Then, The Walking Dead- which the first season just ended last night.

On the menu for dinner:
Yesterday was tomato soup & grilled cheese
Tonight, was sloppy joe's.
Tomorrow, is homemade pizza.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Hmmm.
Nothing really.
Maybe oreo balls that my friend tweeted about.

On my to do list:
Call Honda about a recall that may or may not include my van. OH, yep..my VAN. {grin}

In the craft basket:
Letters to Santa
Paper chains for the tree
Lots of material for me to sew

Looking forward to this week:
Festival of Lights with my beautiful children
Finishing Christmas shopping & day with my husband all to myself
My husbands Christmas party

My Favorite Blog Post this week:
"How we got here" by Popp Life

No words needed favorite photo from this week:


Lesson I've learned the past few days:
God made me to be me, not a copy of someone else. Live, lead & preach with the personality God gave me.

On my prayer list:
Patience with my little ones.
Our Foster care application will find its way into the right hands, that we will be approved, of course!
Ignore the lies from the devil.

Devotionals, Key Readings, Scripture Verses:
I'm reading Isiah.
But- my current "verse" im holding onto right now is:
"But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!" Habakkuk 2:3







5 comments:

  1. Great Happy Homemaker Monday post! You're dinner menu sounds very tasty :)

    I really like your lesson learned. Thanks for sharing!

    I hope you have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog via FootPrints and I'm glad I did because now I'm dying for you to post the oreo recipe (if you make it) or send me a link to your friend's recipe please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your list looks very familiar..... we had grilled cheese/tomato soup last night too. This Saturday is my husbands work Christmas party..should be fun. Do you get all dressed up for your hubby's party?? That's always the fun part!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your lesson learned, SO true and I definitely have to keep that in mind :)

    Curry Chicken Casserole, now that caught my attention. YUM.

    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete