However, recently, we have been bringing our nephew (adam's sisters son) around with us a lot, and I'm realizing just how crowded it is with all 4 kids in the car (not to mention the no trunk space, when all the seats are in use, and the danger of how close the back seat is to the back windshield/bumper). Ok, who cares about the reasons really, so I started praying and asking God to help us find a mini van that A)wont cramp my style-if thats even possible in a mini van...lol b)is within our budget and c)is safe!
Then two thoughts hit me.
1- EVERY time we have sized up in our vehicles, our family grew shortly after. When I was pregnant with Riley, we had a smaller car. When she was three months old we sized up to a 4 door truck, one month later we found out that we were going to have a second child! The truck ended up getting totaled, and we had a small small car for a few months, then decided we needed to size up from it...and one month after buying the pacifica we found out we were having a third child! I'm wondering if God has something up his sleeve this time!
and then....
2- Why is it that God answers my prayers about things like new vehicles, new washing machines, new homes, finding good deals on clothes...etc. But there are people starving... who plead out to him just for a day's meal (and not even what we consider a meal, they would be happy with a handful of rice)...and don't get one?
I know, the "classic" answer to those types of questions is "He could ask you the same thing..." and I agree, that is true...but I just don't know how to help them. And yes- I've been asking him how.
Just a thought.
We are wanting to look at the Kia Sedona. It started with the Honda Odyssey, but we can't afford the payments on one of those.
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
Prayer moves mountains...maybe praying for orphans to be fed????? Praying for people's hearts to be touched? Very good questions...I don't get it either.
ReplyDelete