Friday, October 15, 2010

Decisions.

Sometimes I hate having to make decisions, especially if the decision I make doesn't work out, then I feel bad & of course wished I hadn't made it.

One of the biggest decisions that I've been struggling with for about a year now, is homeschooling. I just can't decide what to do. I think I know what I want one day, and the next day I have no clue. There are so many options.




Homeschool from pre-k to 12th.
Homeschool just for middle & high school.
Homeschool just for elementary.
Homeschool after they learn to read.
Homeschool after Pre-k.
Public school until we decide the time is right to homeschool.
Take it year by year. (or day by day) is what I think we will end up doing.


For instance today. For the past month, my mind was made up & I was going to home school. UNTIL I took the girls to the park today, and lo & behold, the kindergarten class was out there playing. I studied them the entire time, I studied the teacher's & their attitudes and how they responded to the children. It all actually surprised me. Then a lady walked out of the school to talk to the teachers, and just happened to walk over to me asking about how old little sister was. I saw this as a great opportunity and asked if she was a teacher here, she was, and she just happened to teach...dun dun dun....pre-k! (the grade big sister will be in next year)
So we chatted for a bit and talked about how kids get into pre-k and what the hours were and such- and I really liked her a lot! I mean, a lot- a lot! I noticed the kindergarteners liked her too, and many ran over to give her hugs (I take that as a good sign as well). So I think(think- subject to change....by the hour)...if big sister gets in to pre k next year & we can have this teacher....we might just do that. Summer will be here before we know it, heck, Christmas is in two months!







1 comment: