1- I can never find coupons for things that are on my already made list. I will not buy anything that is not on my list. For instance, right now I am looking on a coupon site and there is only one coupon that I could use, for .50 cents. That's not even worth the ink I will use printing the coupon out!
2- I shop at three stores for our food, and I have three kids. I don't have time to go to every grocery store and CVS in town looking for deals. And after you spend the time and gas driving around to these places...is it really worth it for two bogo items or a free air freshener? Not to me it isn't. I shop at Walmart for mostly all of our food, and I spend $110 (average) for two weeks of groceries for our family of 5. I get all of my WIC items at Bi-Lo because they let me use my bi-lo card for it, which means I get fuel perks. I get my meat at the commissary because it's much cheaper than anywhere else in town...and even that is too many trips for me!
3- By the time I get to the gas station on Sundays, the coupons are gone from the papers. Plus, the $1.50 I spend on the paper is usually more than the amount of coupons I find in the paper that I need.
So-there, that's my rant on coupons. Right now I'm going down my grocery list and I'm going to go to the manufacturer's website to see if they have any coupons for some things I need. Wish me luck!
You are not the only one not clipping coupons around here. Not to worry. I have the same problem as you but I only shop at 2 stores, lol.
ReplyDeleteHang in there!
I save around 50% using coupons and buying things that are on sale. Love me some double coupons and every once in a while they do triples here too.
ReplyDeleteWow I could have written this myself! I feel the exact same way. All the coupons seem to be for junk food and stuff our family would never buy. So like you said, I'm not going to buy it if it's not on my list. We shop at 2 stores one beign Walmart. We feel we save a lot at Walmart so that's good enough for me for now.
ReplyDeleteSo try not to worry about it! You're not alone :)
It's all good- we don't do coupons either. Buy generic and in bulk, and do homemade as much as possible :) It is OK!!!
ReplyDeleteI don't coupon too much either. I am lucky my neighbor always gives me the coupon section but like you I only find a couple of things that we regularly use.
ReplyDeleteI buy a lot of fruit and vegetables and can never find coupons for these ( :
I do admire frugal people though ( :
I shop at 2 stores as well, but, for a family of four spend a little more than you do...impressed!
Loved this,
Marcela