Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm gonna pay for this...

Yep. 2:36am as I'm AWAKE and writing this. Just finished cleaning up the kitchen, making out my to-do list for the week, and going to war with a palmetto bug. For those of you who don't know what a palmetto bug is...its a HUGE ugly brown bug. Looks like a roach, but bigger and darker. They live in the trees in SC and can get into your house, like any bug- but I think I mostly see them in the summer. So I hit it TWICE, the second time I was positive it was dead...but it had fallen behind the couch. I grab the flash light, lay flat on the floor and I'm waving around the flashlight until I see the little....gross thing STILL alive! By this time, it was war. I stalk him with my flashlight as he crawls up my curtains and hangs out on the curtain rod, then FLIES to the floor. Bad move, sick bug, bad move. I was then able to smash his body with a shoe about, 10 times, I won.

Then I felt kinda gross. Like I have to clean my entire house now, so I started in the kitchen and dining room, deciding to stop there. I did not get any cleaning done today because today I was determined to get EVERY single piece of laundry OFF my dining room table, side table, and "bar"...and put them away! I hate laundry. It took me all day long to finish it, stopping to nurse, tend to my kiddos, naps, etc. But I'm happy that I can see the spaces that were covered in it now, for the first time in a long time. I also got a run in tonight, or should I say last night. This time, I ran by myself! I'd rather run with a friend, but that wasn't an option tonight and I really needed to go, so off I went. I'm proud of myself! I didn't time myself or go the same route as I do with my friend, but I ran/walked the same amount of time in the end (30 minutes). It's now the second week of our 5k training...!

So what's been going on with the girls? Not a thing, really. Besides growing, laughing, playing, learning, loving their little sister, coloring, reading, going on play dates, fighting with each other, jumping on their beds, jumping on the couch, and lots of Super Why! Little sister is growing! She goes for her two month appointment "today" and I can't wait to see what she weighs! She now smiles, coo's, and stays awake for about two hours to two and a half hours out of the day. Love it :)

Husband's job is good! He likes it, and he has began to study for his CCNA Certification (finally!) because he has a good amount of time now! If he isn't busy at work, he can do whatever he wants (what a change!) so he is smartly spending his time studying. Love that man.

I should probably drag myself to bed now, 2:56am...8am...your going to come too soon.

3 comments:

  1. Ewww I loathe bugs! I try not to scream when one gets close to me! my husband must work in the same field as yours because he's CCNA ceritfied and is actually interviewing for a job at Cisco! I haven't really told many people so I don't jinx it, but he's on his 5th and final interview on Thursday. Apparently getting a job there is like winning the lottery...hard to do! Keep your fingers crossed for us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand bugs!!!!!

    Glad hubby is enjoying his job - I won't say I'm jealous again!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh the Palmetto Bug Wars...been there...fought those...sent for backup (my husband). I have pulled the trigger on many cans of roach spray in my days here in the Lowcountry...those monsters are nuclear war resistant! I agree with you though...regardless of how clean my house is I feel like I have to sanitize it after I've seen one inside...YUCK

    ReplyDelete