You see- I have some weird ocd issue about my house being clean, okay, not clean all the time, but at least tidy.
I have come to face the fact, that, with three little ones...I am going to wear myself out trying to keep everything clean at all times. Not only wear myself out, but miss out enjoying my children because I'd be so busy worrying about crumbs on the floor- toys out of place- a few dishes in the sink.
I've gotten much better, I really have! This weekend since Mr. has the entire three days off- I told myself that I am not going to touch the house (besides a load of laundry or two, and dishes after meals). Well, I've followed that plan 100%. As a matter of fact, its after dinner and there are still dishes in the sink. Laundry on the table. Toys ALL OVER my house. Shoes. Costumes. Random stuff. But- I have enjoyed being lazy and watching re runs of The Office with my husband, building block towers with my girls, cuddling on the couch with my family, shopping (& finding great deals!), taking naps, and just enjoying life- cleaning can wait!

On our way to shop :)

Spending time with dear friends (look at those cute baby rolls!!)

Going to the park

Dressing up

Spending hours @ chic-fil-a...the girls favorite place!
And we still have one more full day of fun to enjoy at the pool (for the last time this summer!) tomorrow - along with a coffee break for mama & little sister with friends. :)

This last picture is kinda funny to me- because I believe this is how we are going to decide on a country to adopt from. Yes- I know, totally jumping the gun here since we have a way to go before we can actually adopt- but I love how Mr. is "silently" participating in this...one year of praying down...heading into the second year of prayers!
Ok, the paper is a crumply ole' piece of paper sitting on our desk. Because I am obsessed & sleep, eat, drink, read, think adoption & poverty...I randomly wrote on this paper "Adoption Fund" and my first country of interest right now- Gautemala. I folded the paper in half, and hung it from our change jar. Hours pass, I sit down at the desk again & Guatemala has been scratched out and Mr. has written "Japan" on the paper. I laugh, scratch out Japan and write "Ethiopia". Hours later, Ethiopia has been scratched and "Mexico" was added. Mexico...hmmm....I left it on the paper until I researched & discovered how hard it is to adopt from there. So I replaced his Mexico with South Korea...and we'll see what Mr. thinks of that in the morning. Guatemala still has my heart, but I'm liking this game :)
I like the game too :)
ReplyDeleteI'm having a hard time letting my house be kinda messy too :) I'm sure it's much harder with more than 1 child! I love your game too!!
ReplyDelete