Monday, July 19, 2010

I should be asleep, definitly. But I'm prying my eyes open long enough to blog quickly while I have access to a real computer.
Mr. went back to work today, and it was not all that bad.
I woke up early...6am early, so that I could be dressed and ready for the day before the girls. I even had time to pick up a few things around the house and lounge on the couch before middle sister walked out of her room smiling, with her hair in every direction :)
Little sister had a follow up appointment today, and she is doing great! She is 6 days old, and is 6lbs 11oz, almost back up to her birth weight! She is healthy & happy, we are truly blessed.
Nursing is going fabulous! I am actually really proud of myself. She has had only one ounce of formula since was born. This is one area I am determined to be sucessful in!

Big sister and middle sister are adjusting well! They spent the morning with my dear friend and her kiddos, and once we got home, all they wanted to do was paint with watercolors! I'm pretty sure I have about...16 pages of beautiful...messy paintings on my fridge right now. I am not sure how the rest of the week is going to play out. We are so use to doing something, going somewhere (pool) almost every day. But now, we can't bring little sister to the pool, it's way too hot, she is too new. It may even be a little too hot for the park right now as well. What the heck am I suppose to do with these girls so that they don't get bored and restless from being home so much? Watercolors will only be cool for so long...

Speaking of trying to find things to do...I was thinking today...how/when am I suppose to work out with three kids? I am NOT buying a triple stroller. My husbands work schedule is never the same...I can't count on him being home before dark (any night) for me to be able to walk or run when he gets home. I can't bring them all on a walk, I only have a double stroller, big sister would have to walk, which would mean I'd get no excersise. I have a sling, but I cannot imagine seriously walking, pushing a stroller, and having a tiny baby in a sling...in 90 to 100 degree weather...I'd be pouring sweat all over the baby! Not to mention she would probably get pretty hot and sweaty in there too...and I'd have to wash the sling like, every day from all the sweat! The only thing I can think of is to join a gym that has child care...but then...I'm not even sure if my girls will stay in a nursery with people they don't know, I can barely get them to stay in the church nursery with people they do know. URGH! I will have to figure something out. I suppose even if it turns out that I can only work out on the weekends or the few random nights Mr. is home from work, it's better than nothing.

Ok, I'm pretty much falling asleep.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you with the workout problem. I have a treadmill but have a hard time even finding time to get on it. I used to do it at lunchtime when I put the kids down for a nap but now they don't nap anymore. In the mornings Allie is in my bed and that's where the treadmill is so I can't do it then. And when they get in bed at night it's 10 - 1030 so it's too late then. ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if you have another friend with a stroller who would want to work out with you? You could push two of the girls and a friend could push one in another stroller. Maybe? It might at least work on occasion. Id help you if I lived in Beaufort still. I need to work out too. I feel like theres no time with having a 3 and 5 year old with me all day - can't imagine that AND a newborn. Props to you.

    ReplyDelete