Fear has been on my mind lately. Why?
Well, I am nearing the end of my pregnancy, & I can't help but fear that something will happen to the baby, honestly.
I know a handful of women personally who have had their full term babies pass away before they even got to take a breath.
Even my own little middle sister was born with a true knot in her cord, & the doctor told it was a miracle she was alive.
It's just one of those...biggest-fear things.
However, the last thing that I want to do (or should do) is sit around worrying and being afraid. Yet, I find myself thinking about it many times a day.
I have prayed & prayed over it, day after day...sunday after sunday. But it's still there.
I have the bible verses.
Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.
Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you.
Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 56:3-4
When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.
So why don't I have peace yet?
I already know why.
Because God still let's these things happen to his children.
God's children do still have children/infants die. Just because I am his, does not mean I am invincible from anything that awful happening to me.
However, doesn't that interfere with the trust part?
I hear so often "you just have to believe & trust God that nothing is going to happen".
But to me that doesn't make sense, because even the most God loving & trusting people in the world, like I said, still lose their children.
I have got to overcome this fear! I want to spend this next two or three weeks enjoying this creation inside me, not worrying about it all the time.
I remember last fall when Adam & I started to try for this baby. I mean, we both really prayed everyday for her. One Sunday a master's commission group came to visit & they had this big "alter call" (not a salvation one, more like a...come to the alter & praise God kinda thing & a few people got prayed over, etc). So I was standing up there, holding a friends sleeping baby actually, and a young teen girl came up to me & said that she was lead to tell me that "the blessing I have been asking for is coming". I got really excited, because I knew what it was, and exactly one week later, we got our positive test.
I smile every time I think of that, and that is what I have to keep remembering when I begin to think a little too much. I do need to trust in God. He did create this life inside me for a reason, a purpose. Whatever that may be. She is healthy & growing and is going to be an amazing miracle when she does make her way into the world. She is his.
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" Matthew 6:25-27
I understand how you feel, and I remember having those same fears. I think we all have those fears before the new baby arrives. Everything will be fine.
ReplyDeleteThose are great Bible verses! I rely on some of those a lot. I am a big worry wart. I give my whole life to God but I still get the fear in me. So you are not alone! I just pray for you and your baby for these last couple weeks. I pray you can find peace and comfort.
ReplyDeleteHave a good night!
Trusting that God will fill you with His peace and that you truly will find joy in this season.
ReplyDeleteI don't think of it so much anymore that God won't let anything bad happen, but that he won't let you go through anything that you can't handle. I always think, if God brought you to it, he'll bring you through it.
ReplyDeleteBut you right, it's hard not to be fearful. Thinking about you often!
I am a worrier too!!! I panic about everything so much so that I have panic attacks. It's sooo difficult to let go and I say that because I struggle! Thinking of you dear!
ReplyDeleteI so so so so so know how you feel.
ReplyDeletePraying for everything to go well. Hugs to you, sweetie.
Continue to pray for you and for this baby girl and know that I will be right there with you!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog-I love hearing stories from others who grew up in big crazy families. :)
ReplyDeleteI hope that you are able to find peace through your faith during these last weeks of your pregnancy. I can't begin to tell you how much I completely feel the same right now. So many days are a struggle, but on the days that I allow myself to just let go and trust and hope, the peace is amazing. ((hugs))
Enjoy these last days of holding her inside you, looking forward to the day of holding her in your arms!