On Monday, I spotted a snake in our yard! For the third time. It's always around the same spot. It's copper/brown colored & has a red tongue. A man from church came to try & catch it twice...he said it sounds like a copperhead. But I'm having my doubts...because on the descriptions of the copperheads, they have hour glass shapes on their bodies. This snake was pure copper/brown (from what ive seen) with a red tongue. I did not see any stripes or designs or any other colors. SO, this weekend, we are going to do the lawn AGAIN. Rake everything away from the house again, mow again, and lay out moth balls and lime powder...just to be sure. My poor girls have been wanting to go outside all week long and I've had to tell them no or take them to the park because I'm just not risking them stepping on a snake and getting bit until we do the yard & lay out something to give me peace of mind.
On another note, this week we did lot's to prepare for this little one coming!
We painted her bedroom (which is also her sisters room)
We got her new bedding set
We bought her infant carseat
Three big things!

Ignore all the toys...;-)


What infant seat did you guys get?
ReplyDeleteIs there maybe a water source or a cool area for the snakes to get too? When I was a kid in Florida snakes would get by our kiddie pools and sit in the shade of it.