I'm almost 27 weeks, and now not only can we definitely feel her every move, but she kicks hard enough that we can see it on my tummy! 27 weeks...where is the time going?
I am having a rough time with Big sister these days. Praying hard that it's just a phase! I feel like she is in time out for most of the day now! Middle sister is still a pretty good girl, except when she wants to fit in and decides to copy whatever her big sister is doing. Then they are both in time out! I am going through a discipline change after lots and lots of reading on focus on the family, dr. sears discipline book, and Supernanny. Yes, Supernanny! I love her and I get the most out of watching her shows than I do reading any information online or reading any way-to-big book. We have decided to give up spanking/slapping of hands completely. Why? Because it just doesn't work for us.
Yes, I know that many parents these days think it's child abuse {the Dr.Sears book had a huge section on why to never ever spank your child...blah blah}. I'm not against it, I do not believe that it's any kind of child abuse {as long as you don't cross the line...spanking a child on the bottom or swatting their hand is much different that beating your child...}. However, looking back on all the many times we have spanked our children...we notice that it just never really worked. Once they got over the spanking, they were at it again. Sometimes I felt like I was doing nothing but spanking my children all day long {and THEN it kind of felt like all i was doing was beating them...because I was doing it so much through out the day!}.
So we have decided to use time out as the #1 form of discipline in our house. So far, it's working for us. I believe it will continue to work as long as we keep it up and not ignore bad behavior because we're too lazy to get up and put them in their rooms. Then we resort to taking Riley's TV out of her room {which is out right now...for a week for biting her sister}. Not being allowed to jump on the trampoline, and we sometimes take their favorite toy {at the moment} and put it away until they can behave again. Hopefully, these methods continue to work out...because if they don't then....I may CALL suppernanny! lol
I will pray that people like you stop breeding. Your own writing implies you are an inept parent, and you have to drop to your knees and pray to a fictional god to direct you. Sad.
ReplyDeleteP.S. NEVER hit a child and yes, spanking is hitting.