Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Don't be Offended

But I have have have to post this video! Because...well...it has some points! It's definitely not something I'd ever hope a new believer would watch...and it even leaves me thinking...

For example...one of the things they point out...
"Can salvation be obtained by works?"

This one i've heard in church many times! Galatians 2:16 says....

"16know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified."

Ok, got it! But then in Matthew 19:17 it says:

17"Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."

{OBEYING a commandment...is not "faith alone"...}

Ok...already confused! Then....Romans 3:28...

"28For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law."

Then...james 2:24

24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.


Ok...so there's parts that say it's by faith not works...and parts that say works not faith.
????????

My question is...what the heck am I suppose to believe? How does "the church" decide "what side" they are on when things like this come up???

Another thing....this was not in the video...but i came across it a few weeks ago. The "Goats and the Sheep". Matthew 25:31-46. Im not going to post the entire thing on here, because it's kinda long. But basically .....

41"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

44"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

45"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

46"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."


Ok...that sounds like works to me....if he is sending all the people who didn't clothe the naked and feed the hungry to hell...even though they had faith in him!
By the way, if I were the goats, i'd be very confused and feel cheated!

So here is the video, it's actually very funny if you have religious humor. It's long...and maybe I shouldn't have watched it...


Oh! & Don't think that I don't believe in God or the bible or anything just because of this! God is very real in my life!


2 comments:

  1. Keep questioning! God says He will grant wisdom to those who seek it! I have shared some of your questions too, and God is so awesome to guide with His Holy Spirit!

    I haven't watched the video yet...don't have a whole lot of time just at this second, but I love how you're delving into the Word to get answers. God will bless you on your journey. :)

    ReplyDelete