Sunday, April 11, 2010





I don't even know where to begin, I suppose that's a good thing. This weekend has been busy very busy for us, and it opened my eyes to just how blessed my family and I are.
The girl's got to go out on their first boat ride Saturday! We went with my parents, aunt, and two brothers{adam was working}. Lots of sunscreen, and nobody got burnt! This was an adventure for sure. My parents have just started boating again after OH...15 years? So here we go!
At the landing, we realized that it would be better to make two trips to the "island" that we were going to, since the boat was only 18ft. and we had nine people & lots of stuff. So we loaded the boat with all our junk, my girls, my mom, my aunt, and my dad drove of course. This island was about 3 miles down the river {kind of around a bend}. It should take my dad all of 10 minutes from the time he left to be back to get my brothers and I. So we're waiting...15 minutes has gone by...waiting...25 minutes {I begin to get pretty worried}...40 minutes {I'm having a panic attack! All of our phones are on the boat, no way to call them! Where are they? Are my kids okay?}...45 minutes and I throw my un-liscensed 15 year old brother my keys to go find a pay phone and call them. While he is gone, a boat pulls up and gets out etc. then a guy from the boat ask's me if I'm waiting on something. I tell him my family left about 50 minutes ago and have not come back yet.
Mr. - "a big man?"
Me- "yep"
Mr.- "there is a big guy right around the bend stuck on a sandbar"
Me-"did he have kids or people with him, he was dropping them off at that island?"
Mr.-"we saw kids playing on the island, but he was alone trying to push that boat off by himself. we tried to help but the water was too shallow"
Me-"Ah, yes, that would probably be my dad then!" {phew, at least I know everyone is safe!} "So, do ya think he's going to get it off...?"
Mr.- "Oh no, not alone he isnt. The tide isn't coming in for a few hours, no way he's getting off there without help or the tide. Oh, I can tell ya, he is beyond pissed, he's beyond mad now...this river will teach ya. "
Me- "Oh....hmmmm...that'd be him to get stuck"
Mr.-" I can put the boat back in and give ya'll a ride to the island...?"
Me- "Really? That be awesome!" {brother, hurry your but back here!}

So this man is putting his boat back in the water, and just as he is, here comes my dad boating around the bend and my brother pulling up at the same time. I was so relieved to see him! And the man was right, he was beyond mad! He said he was scared to death knowing the girls were on the island with no phones or a way of getting ahold of us to communicate what was happening {I have to admit, I was panicking...we were going to call the boat police...police..911..whoever...if we couldnt get ahold of anyone from the pay phone}. We made it to the island safe and sound, girls were safe with my mom and aunt, playing and eating.
Thirty minutes later, about 4 boats of teens pulled up. Great. I really don't like teenagers...especially ones in this town. What kind of parent would let their high school daughter or son go out on a boat without an adult? What kind of parent would let their teen TAKE their boat!!?!?! {You could tell they were in high school, they looked about 14-16 (the girls at least), and by the way they talked you could tell they were pretty immature}. Immature, however...they acted like they were 21 year olds in a white rapper video!
Rap music BLASTING. About 8 of the girls dancing in tiny bikini's on top of the boats, every single person had a beer in hand, and lots of PDA. OH it'd be sweet if i was like an undercover cop...or spy for their parents. It was so bad there was about three other families nearby who moved down the island and said it was "too much of a show" for them & their kids. We didn't stay long because of them. If only there was something else for these bored teenagers to do in this town...
Once I got the girls back in the car, I backed into a boat trailer! UGH! It took a piece of chrome of the back corner of my car and left a scratch. There was no damage to the trailer when I was there and looked, but my mom said the guy had a flat tire on the trailer a little while later...don't know if that was from me or not. Those tires are underneath those big protector thingys...so if it was me who did that, well....I suppose he shouldn't have been in my way. Stupid trailers. However, it made my day to come home to a CLEAN, mowed....raked..blowed yard!!!!

This morning, I woke to my awesome husband making pancakes & eggs :) We missed the first service, and my husband said he wanted to skip church today {after we were already ready to go!} So we went to the store to get him a coffee percolator, and walked out having bought a trampoline. Right? That was the most unplanned shopping trip ever.
We had been talking about wanting a trampoline for the girls for the summertime...ok, for all the time. We wanted to get them one for their birthdays...but just yesterday we had decided not to because we did not want to spend $350 on it for a 2 & 3 year old, and because that is just allot of money!
So we walk into the store, and BAM! See 12ft trampolines with the enclosure on sale for...$200!
There was only 2 left, and we had to make a quick quick buying decision because there was already another family looking at them as well. I hate these kinds of decisions! So we decided...what the heck. $150 off, we're not going to find this kind of deal again {for a new trampoline} plus, the girl's get money from my parents for their birthdays...and that can go towards this as well. So really, we paid a little over $100 for it! We got home, had it up & ready by the time the girls woke from naps! I have to admit, it would have been more fun if they were about 1-2 years older and were more excited about it. They do like it, especially Riley, but it wasn't that..."OH MY GOSH THIS IS THE BEST!" kind of experience...they just laughed and jumped until dinnertime. :) Good deal, I have complete confidence that we will get our moneys worth from this sucker.


So as I'm making a good dinner, and listening to my kids play in the yard with their dad...I think...WOW! I am so blessed. We are healthy! We have clean water! A home, we are able to afford things for children, we are spending time together, the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the flowers are blooming...what have I done to be so blessed?!



2 comments:

  1. I am sure you guys will have a blast this summer on the tramp....what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like a crazy weekend at the lake, I'm glad everything worked out in the end (sort of).
    And yay how fun you got a trampoline, the girls will have so much fun =)

    ReplyDelete