Monday, April 5, 2010

Holiday in the Sun*

We are home from vacation! It felt good to sleep in my own bed last night! {we got in at 2am this morning}. We left florida at 8pm and the girl's slept the entire way! I woke them up halfway so they could stretch and get diaper changes. Now we are rested and relaxing before starting another busy week.

{Wednesday}
Adam got home from work kind of late, so I finished packing and cleaning and we loaded up the car, then decided not to leave until early morning so we could get some sleep.

{Thursday}
Early Thursday morning {3am} we woke, left the house. Got gas & air in the tires. By the time we actually got to the interstate it was 5am! Dora the Explorer kept the girl's in a trans until they fell asleep around 7:30! We stopped for breakfast, stopped for a potty break, and stopped once more to let the girl's run around a home depot. We got in at noon, ate lunch, and headed to the pool! Thursday was also my grandma's birthday, so we had a good dinner and sang her happy birthday and gave her presents. My grandma rocks, she looks great and has more energy than me! She was going and going the entire time we were with her!








{Friday}
We woke up & decided to head to SEA WORLD! Woohoo! Traffic was awful, so we didn't get there until noon. We saw the dolphin show {which was awesome}, ate lunch, saw the killer whale show {which sucked because the trainers did not get into the tank...it just showed the whales jumping and doing tricks. I was kind of sad we didn't get to see anyone get eaten!} We sat in the splash zone and got pretty wet. We played in the kids area, which had little roller coasters and rides, a HUGE play thing for kids and a water area. Riley went on her FIRST roller coaster ride with her dad! When she got off, she said "I was just a little bit scared". She's so big. We played in the water for a while to, it was kinda hot! We then headed to feed the dolphins and eat ice cream. The girls were asleep by the time we got to the sting ray petting. Then we headed home! We will definitely go back, when I'm not pregnant, so I can ride the rides and we can all do more things.








{Saturday}
Spent the day with my Grandma :) We went to the Zoo, which was really neat! Riley got her face painted like a bumble bee. She FED a giraffe too! We rode around the train, ate lunch, saw more animals, and played in another big water area for kids. It took up allot of the day. Saturday was also Riley's THIRD BIRTHDAY! Yep, I have a three year old little girl now! So my grandma and I went shopping that afternoon for her presents, cake, and easter stuff. We had her birthday party and ate yummy food. She got a Dora back pack and two nerf guns with extra "amo". Those have barely been left alone since we got them! I have to say, they are pretty fun!





{Sunday}
Easter! We spent the morning searching in the big city for a church. By the time we found one, it was already 45 minutes past the time service started, so we skipped. Hey, we tried. We drove around looking at the "city" and the homes. Oh what i'd give to live there! EVERYTHING is within 10 minutes of you! And the homes are beautiful and they are priced awesomely! New gated communities there with pools and all START at just $80,000! Are you kidding me? You can't find a "normal" sized nice house in a good neighborhood around here for less than $150k if your lucky. The houses we looked at there that were about 120k would have been at LEAST 200k here, if not more. Makes me hate living in this town even more! We pay a ton, for nothing! We have to drive an hour to go anywhere! Ugh.
Anyway, we then drove to Sebastian, FL. and enjoyed an early dinner at an awesome place on the beach. By the time we got back, adam was ready to go, so we headed out for home!

It was such a nice trip! We had lots of fun, got to spend time with my grandma, eat good food, do fun things, relax, swim, and get away as a family. Could not have asked for a better vacation! Thank you Lord! :)

By the way, our camera battery died. It has one of those weird chargeable batteries so it's not like we could just go and buy some double a's. So my grandma let us use her camera, and she will be sending me the pictures and a disc of them this afternoon, actually! :) So all I have for now are some crappy phone pictures...enjoy until I get the real ones!




4 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a good time!!!

    I went to Disneyland with my mom and nephews when I was pregnant, and it was so lame not going on the rides!! : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im assuming you stayed in Orlando. Funny - i was there from thurs until today : ) I wish that I had known you were in Orlando - you could have come to church with me! It's such a wonderful city - so big but I feel like i have more of a community there than I do in Beaufort - im living there for the summer I think to see if I want to move there for good : ) Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounded like a great trip! So fun to be with the whole family and relax! I think you got some pretty good pics! We have not been to Disney or Sea World and always talk about going...maybe some day! Take care! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must not live too far from Florida. It's going to take us about 13 hours of driving to hit Myrtle Beach From Indiana. ( Not looking forward to that)

    You make me excited for our upcoming trip!

    ReplyDelete