Sunday, March 14, 2010

I {loved} this weekend!

Because...

We had beautiful weather. Low 70's, sunny and breezy. Daylight savings time, which I love! I remember being a kid and loving how I could ride my bike with my friends until 8pm or so because it was still light out. That means that some nights, my husband will be home and there will still be some light in the sky, I know he'll aprreciate that too.

I took the girl's to a friend's baby shower. It was pretty fun! And the cake, was very very good! I could have eaten the entire thing!

I took the girl's shopping, and stopped by goodwill. I have to say, I think I am becoming a proffesional thrift store shopper. I find tons of stuff for all the girls. I see lot's of cute things that I would wear, if I were OH...50lbs lighter. So anyway, I'm pretty picky about the girl's stuff. I don't buy anything that's faded, looks worn, has any stains or frizzy threads...and still, I always find awesome stuff! I mean, clothing from Old Navy, Gymboree, The Children's Place, and Target gives our local goodwill's items all of their clearance items that didn't sell, or returns, or whatever. I always find allot of things from target that still have the tags on them. Even furniture and odds and ends. I got it from my mom, I think.

Adam got to come home from work early saturday! OH, not only that, but on Thursday his supervisor told him that he was the best tech. in the company(at least for right now). That made him pretty happy. They are noticing his hard work...and good work! He got free lunch, applaused by all the techs, and a bonus. I am happy that he was reconginized, he really is a hard worker.

Saturday night we got to go on a date! We had my little sister sleep over and watch the girls. We went to dinner, to lowes (to waste time) and then to see Alice in Wonderland. The movie was good! It was not at all scary, it was just like the book! Really, it was. It was the character's that made the previews look "creepy" as I've heard people say. Tim Burton is our favorite producer ever, he has a dark/creative mind. The characters were perfect! I mean really, the book itself and story line is weird! So should the characters then!

Now, it's Sunday and we got the bassinet put together. We have a white wooden round one that looks so cute and "old fashioned-ish". We got the drapes for the nursery, and we picked the wall color (pale apple). We also picked the wall color for our room, which is a creamy tan. I don't think I'm going to begin painting until after we get home from vacation. Unless I have a weird nesting energy boost! Until then, I'm going to work on our "what we need for vacation" list and "what we need to do before vacation" list. I'm so excited, I can't wait to get out of here for -almost- a week!

Tomorrow, I have our FOURTH ultrasound (& hopefully last!). Oh, we decided on a first name! Macey. We know the middle name, but we're not telling anyone until she's born. It's more fun when everyone doesn't already know everything about the baby before it's here! :) It's all coming together, I'm halfway there!



4 comments:

  1. Oh your weather sounded so nice and warm. We had rain and cold. Brrrr. I love the name Macey. I also love Thrift shops. You can find so many treasures there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name!
    I love to paint, if you need/want help/company let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the stores give some of their stuff to goodwill that hasn't sold. What a great idea and you still get good stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i was better at thrift store shopping! i think it takes a certain kind of patience that i have yet to aquire.

    *love* the name you have picked out! so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete