Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Babies, OH babies!

We are just about 22 weeks along! Time is going by fast, and I am trying to relax & enjoy this pregnancy instead of rushing it. Her kicks are getting stronger & stronger, and I have figured out her pattern already. Right now, she should be a little longer than a carrot. Her heart beat is still strong & steady, I've gained a total of 7lbs. and this is what she look's like right now:


Littlest sister :)
No, she is not a skeleton, and yes she has eyeballs & eyelids. The ultrasound thing is just looking through them. We are slowly, but surely, getting things ready for her arrival. Because I have some pretty great friends {if i do say so myself}, I have been given bins of little girl clothes, bags of cute baby blankets, a swing, & even a cute green moby wrap. Hand me down's always rock.
I've been researching & researching everything under the sun that has to do with babies & children and I am considering taking a breastfeeding class in a month or so. Yes, I know, this is my third child...just now a breastfeeding class? Yes...because I only nursed {big sister} for a month, and {middle sister} for three months...until we both got thrush and I got bad pneumonia. However, I'd like to nurse this little one for a year at least...and I have so many questions and concerns on just how to do that and what makes it easier.
It is almost the end of March, {already!!!} and then, it will be only three short months until we are a family of five...wow!

Big sister & middle sister are kind of driving me crazy right now. I hate to say that, but they have both really been testing me these past few days. I have tried everything under the sun, and I cannot get them to stop fighting! {i know, it's bad. they are only ALMOST 2 & 3!}
They take each other's toys, and then one gets mad and pulls the other's hair, then the other scratches and hits back, or worst case, bites back. It's like a mad house sometimes! I'm having a hard time getting them to listen to me, AND they are even trying to skip naps and wake up earlier in the mornings! I need the lord's patience badly! They are wearing me thin, and I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant...and tired!
This to shall pass. Take one day at a time, Shay, and enjoy them being little...when they are not going at each other :)

On a better note, Adam has finally been getting off "early" {6-ish}. This will be the second week that he has been home by 7pm every night! We have eaten dinner together, and the entire nightly routine. It's been nice, I hope they don't get too behind in work again anytime soon.

VACATION is NEXT WEEK! Sunshine state...here we come!








2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your vacation! I would have to have like 50 sunscreen cuz I'm so white! Ouch.

    Glad you're enjoying being prego. After doing it 5 times, I was less than happy to be again.Couldn't I just skip that part?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the pregnancy is going well. And as far as the bf classes? I never took a class. You could, they just push why you should do it, I'm sure they can help you to do it easier also.

    Have fun on your vaca.

    ReplyDelete