Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oh Shamu





This is SO ODD!  On Monday night, I had a WEIRD dream about a killer whale killing me! It was so real! Because I don't watch the news, I just heard about this story tonight. This story saddens me, Killer Whales are my favorite animals in the entire world(ever since my first time seeing free willy in 4th grade, and the killer whale kieko had been the only living thing I'd known that shared the same birthday with me, until we sponsored Bernardo). However, I don't know if I'd want to even be around a whale who has been involved with three other human deaths in the past, this making four. Why did they have this whale there? Granted, it's been a long time since his last attack, they knew he could be dangerous., which is why nobody was allowed IN the tank with him. Why do killer whales just drown people? Don't they want to eat the person or something? I know, that sounds awful. I just think it's odd that they drag people under until they drown...then just let them float around until being found. It doesn't seem like there's a good purpose there. I hope nothing awful happens to the whale. It is an animal...sea world should have known better risking trainers around a whale that they already knew was dangerous and had already killed three people. 
We are suppose to go to Sea World Easter weekend, and I will be TOTALLY BUMMED OUT if they are not doing an Orca show, It is the best part of Sea World and I definitely want Adam to see them (he's never been). 






2 comments:

  1. That is sad. That woman was from my state. I heard today on the news they were talking about letting that whale stay and maybe have him perform again. I think that's crazy...he needs to be in an animal sanctuary or something for the rest of his life. He is getting too old and cranky it sounds like. Just a sad story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the news conference today and they are resuming the whale shows tomorrow but aren't putting trainers in the water with them untl they review policies.

    ReplyDelete