Dora seems to be possessing my home lately. It's the only thing the girls want to watch, it's the only thing they talk about when it comes to toys and playing, and today while picking out their new bedding sets, they would settle for nothing less than a Dora set. I am starting to be a-okay with it, even though I always hoped my children would never be obsessed with a cartoon and I always pictured their room done in polka dots and flowers...stripes..etc. While standing in the store with Dora stuff to my left, and cute polka dot sets to my right...I had to think..."what do my kids want? My one and two year old, for their own room and their new beds..." So, I grabbed Dora blankets and jetted away from the aisle before I changed my mind. There is one good thing that I like about Dora, she teaches my kids spanish! Seriously, who was it that said TV is a waste of time and bad for you? Riley says "ayudame, ayudame!" when she needs help. "adios amigos" when she says bye. "Leche" for milk. "Delicioso" when she likes something she eats. As well as, "stop it bobos!" when her and adison are playing around. Adison just says "dora, dora, dora", lol.
So right now, they are both in the same room. For the first time in a long time. They are suppose to be taking naps, and well, it's been over an hour...and they have yet to lay their heads on their pillows. I think the next few nights and nap times are going to be interesting.
As a matter of fact, i think im going to lay with them now and see how that works! : )
I had a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOng ol' comment typed out and blogger (boo) said "error"
ReplyDeleteAnyways...My lil' niece loves Dora too!
I just did my girls room in polka dot and stripes it turned out cute...but they are much older. I love the name adison. WE use to watch Dora too.
ReplyDeleteThat is to to funny! Sounds exactly like our house. My 3 year old is a HUGE fan of DORA. Dora is all she talks about as well. I think I have seen every episode and every movie a MILLION times. She even blames Swiper for swipen' her stuff when she can't find it. It's hilarious.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the rooms. Post some pict's :)
My boys never got into that, but we had lots of Barney! (out the ears) Ya, I don't think it hurts kids to learn spanish at all!
ReplyDelete:) And they love you for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI think it was cool of you to let them pick out their bedroom things - now their room will be an expression of them, their interests - which now, at their age is pretty much summed up by Dora the Explorer. I was never able to even put up posters like normal kids when I was younger. I vividly remember thinking (in about the 3rd or 4th grade) how cool it would be to have life size paintings of the Spice Girls done when I was able to re-do my room. My mom, without hesitation, said no way. We went with yellow instead haha.
ReplyDeleteHow fun, What a good mama you are. I bet they love their room now.
ReplyDeleteDora is the best. I actually really like her for a kids show.
I saw you joined my blog so I thought I'd check yours out! We should definitely be friends! :)
ReplyDeleteI know what the cartoon obsession is like, my 2 year old thinks she's Cinderella! ha ha! I figure if it's good and it makes them happy...;)