All is actually pretty good in my world right now.
Adam has "halfway" fixed the IMac, so, SOON I will finally be able to upload pictures and stuff again! I am thankful for my nerdy husband.
Riley has been begging for a T.V for her room. She asks her dad all the time "Daddy I need a big T'V for my bedroom". I had mixed feelings about her actually getting one. I know lot's of mom's who are against having TV's in their kid's bedrooms. So we had just been sitting on that thought, when my friend mentioned that she had a small TV that she was getting rid of. Without thinking, I said I'd take it for Riley's room. We got it yesterday, and actually, it has not been bad at all. It's 12:30 noon and her TV has just now been turned on. I made a few rules for it:
-The TV stay's unplugged during nap time and bed time.
-No cable! Mom picked DVD's only.
-No eating in front of it.
I can add to the rule list if I see a different problem arising from it. It was nice yesterday to be able to watch a show with adam in the living room, and the girl's actually stayed in their room playing and watching veggie tales. Thank you, friend, for the TV :)
Baby #3 is going good. I'm 17 & 2 today. Times a flying. In just 8 days, we'll know what we're having! If for some reason they can't see it in 8 days, I go back the next week for another. Baby, open your legs & put your bottom down for us, pretty please! I'm dying to know what you are!
Her or his heartbeat is very loud and strong for 4 months, which is good!
Adam's job is getting a bit better. Woohoo. He had this weekend off, and requested next weekend off for a wedding. We also have vacation coming up easter weekend, OH how I can't wait to get away. Heritage (golf tournament) is coming up, and supposedly that will be a very busy week for them, one of the busiest out of the year. I'm going to prepare myself now to not see him for that week.
I need to go around & catch up with everyone's blogs. I'm out of the loop with everyone.
So, I've come to the conclusion, that I hate going to church and feeling like I'm in high school. Hearing about drama between forty year old people, sometimes being in that drama, gossip & jealousy among all the "younger" people. Realizing how self righteous people are really turns me off. I hate going to people with an issue and realizing that they already know what I'm talking about before I even told them. It make's me feel 1)dumb and 2)pointless to continue talking to them about it, they've already heard at least one side of it.
Don't get me wrong, I like my church and it's where I've grown the most, I've learned how to have a relationship with God. I want to continue to grow and learn and let God guide me to where he want's me in the church. I invite people to come and everything, but I almost want to warn them to keep their distance. I know what I have to do to fix this, and with God, it will be easier then I think. But I know if I continue to stay where I'm at with the same people doing the same thing, nothing is going to change.
Here's to change, because it is about God.
We had the same rules when M had a tv in his room (no more tv, lighting killed it).
ReplyDeleteIt seems like your pregnancy is going by so fast...can't wait to find out what you're having! I'm super duper excited!
I feel sad that you feel like you should almost warn people...but you're right change is easier with God.
I'm glad your hubby's job is getting better. And wow I can't believe your so far along. Time is flying your right. I'm so interested to know what your having. Any guesses?
ReplyDeleteSo glad everything is well with you & baby...and I can definitely relate with church drama. Sort of in the same boat right now. I just keep focusing on the fact that the only thing completely within my control is ME. Now, I just have to work on keeping my own mouth shut. Oh yeah, so easy...LOL. Pray for me...I definitely will for you! :)
ReplyDeleteSeems like every pregnancy flies by, except for the days that it seems like it's dragging on for forever, lol!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you got the tv thing under control.
ReplyDeleteHope you can get a good "look" at your baby...
I'm glad things are improving around your house and Adam is home more! though I'm jealous at the same time since it's 10 here now and David is still working :(
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear if you're having a girl or boy-so exciting!!!!!