Saturday, January 23, 2010

I'm sitting here eating pineapple and cottage cheese, listening to adam play his ps3. Yumm.

I had another appointment on Friday (Oh, I'm now 13 weeks!). The appointment went great! My blood pressure was fine, PRAISE GOD! I didn't gain any more weight, I actually lost. I also got a second ultrasound! Pictures and all. Her or His heart beat is 140, and he/she was still moving all around as healthy as can be. I left that appointment a happy camper. At my next appointment, we schedule my 20wk ultrasound to see what this baby is! Time really is going by. We have a final boy's name picked out, and we have a few prospective girls names. I actually went through all of our baby clothes on Friday, and was happy to see that we actually have a good amount of yellows and greens that I forgot all about. We didn't find out the sex of Adison, it was kind of like slow torture. Before we know it, we will be a family of five with a brand new sweet baby girl or boy. :)

In the meantime, we have lots to do! First thing is to get the girls new beds. Searching for some deals on that! Plus bedding and everything that goes along with. Cleaning out closets and switching them around, painting the third bedroom...fun stuff to look forward to!

I decided today to stop complaining about my husband working so much, and be thankful that he has a job. My Dad called me today and asked me if I wanted to donate to the poor. I was like..."what are you talking about?" Someone that we know pretty well called my parents asking for money because she hadn't eaten in three days and she was about to go looking in trash cans. She was laid off months and months ago, cannot find a new job, even at McDonalds, and her unemployment is covering just her rent, nothing else. I was shocked, I knew that people were struggling, but I never thought that someone I knew personally was about to go dig in a trash can! Then, I have two aunts who are unemployed. One does not get unemployment, and she can't find a job, she is living with friends and her car is about to be repossessed. If the other aunt does not find a job within the next month, she will be in the same boat. Ugh! So one of them is going to move in with my parents (they have a seven bedroom house and two of them are "spare"). They are going to offer for the other one to come too, just not sure if she will or not. Hoping, they will be able to find job's here. I always seem to find a job when I need one, same for my siblings and friends...hopefully they will be able also, and they actually have college educations and stuff. So today, I am very grateful for my home, my husbands job, and the food in our kitchen. Not to mention the family I have who would never let us starve or be homeless if it ever happened.

On a happier note, here is the first picture of our baby, when he/she was 10wks along.





11 comments:

  1. EEEEE I LOVE ultrasounds!!!! I am so excited for you, girl!!

    I know what you mean about employment...DH has been out of work for two months but he found a job yesterday--we are rejoicing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet picture. I loved having ultrasounds and seeing my baby.
    I am in the midst of getting my girls new beds and all the bedding. Share if you find a good deal. I found bunk beds this weekend at Art Van for 148.00. Pretty nice too. Now we have to find the bedding and the dressers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a reality check! Sure makes a person thankful for your life. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOhhh..how exciting......I just love babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet baby bean you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! It makes me feel terrible that there are people right here in the US that are starving. How can that be? It sure does make a person feel extremely fortunate to have a home and a job...two things that many could only hope for.
    Awesome news about the BP and can't wait to hear what your next ultrasound brings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little baby, Thanks for sharing the ultrasound pic.
    I know what you mean about the unemployment problem. So many people I know don't have a job or are worried they will get laid off. Those of us who work and have good jobs are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The baby looks so adorable!!!

    I'm so sorry about your aunts and your friend! How sad is that? Glad your parents are willing to help out.

    And yes, I try very hard not to complain about hubby's job because he could easily not have a job as well. Thanks for the reminder to be very grateful for everything I am blessed with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!

    An U/S! How wonderful!!

    Your so lucky :)

    I'm happy for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete