Saturday, December 5, 2009

These Thing's Will Change....

Has had a week of writer's block. I have nothing to write about, and the thing's I really want to write about I can't.

My kid's are in bed, the house is "clean". Harry Potter is on(I'm trying to figure out what Harry Potter has to do with the 25 days of christmas...) and my home smells like the hazelnut creme candle that is burning. I may do some gift wrapping...life is good.

My husband's work has required that they work 12 hours shifts from now until Christmas. Somehow, he had today off...and he has requested the next two saturdays off as well. Which is good, because after working all those hours during the week, I think he'd be too tired to work a saturday. He got home a little bit before 10pm last night holding a pizza and rocky road ice cream. Yes, I love him! Today he got to spend most of the day doing nothing but playing the ps3, I didn't want to make him do anything or go anywhere. I think he enjoyed just being home, plus he got to spend some time with little Adison.

Christmas shopping is almost done. Almost. I have 2 more gifts to get the girls, 1 gift for adam, our parents gifts, and stocking stuffers. Okay...well when I make a list of it, it doesn't sound like I'm almost done, but I am. I have had no energy lately...I feel like a bum. If I shop for an hour or more...or if I'm awake for 4 hours...I need a nap. I take vitamins...but it doesn't help. I need to exercise...I was suppose to start weeks ago but I'm so "busy" I never get around to it. Maybe this week I will get on track and start. My friends must think I'm the laziest person ever, especially when I get a call at 4pm and they say "did i wake you?".

My girls are as good as ever. Getting big. Addison is so funny, I love watching her play. She is interested in reading now and saying new words. She is a sweetie pie!!!! Riley is on a roll with her learning. She repeats everything. She loves praying and singing, and playing! Last night she was sleeping in our bed and she woke up, sat straight up in bed and said "I heard jesus" ...it was kinda freaky. I was like "adam! adam! did you hear her??? Riley tell daddy!" So she did...and then she laid down and went back to sleep. I wonder what he told her.

Piper is piper. A puppy. Chewing on everything. No barking though, and rare accidents. So its still getting better. Sometimes I wanna throw him through the window or let him loose in traffic. He is too cute though. I am ready for him to settle down!

Tomorrow is our last regular practice before the play. Do I think we're ready...? Let's just say...Im believing in God to work a miracle =-). It has been a fun time, I can't believe that next Sunday it will be over. Time is flying by. Way, way too fast. Im not ready for a new year. Im not ready to write 2010. I'm not ready to turn TWENTY ONE!!! UGH! I wish I could be 19 forever...21 is so close to 25. 25 is so....adultish. And closer to 30. 30 is closer to 40...which means I'm almost an old lady. I don't want my girl's to turn 2 and 3. Or my husband 26. Another year older...another everything. Bittersweet.

Now, Im pretty darn tired. (this time...it's 10:30pm...I can be tired...lol). Tomorrow, I am looking forward to some good time spent with God.I hope I'm not going into depression. Some praise and worship, and being open to whatever he has for me. Good times.



7 comments:

  1. glad that things are going great and that you've almost got all your gift shopping done! that's a big accomplishment! also, you make me feel so old, shay! haha! i suppose that maybe i could stand to act more adultish. since i'm 26 and all. ;) see? OLD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved watching Addy and Piper play tonight and I loved watching the girls make Katie smile...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like life is very busy...and very wonderful right now. Just have to share a little wisdom though....I can still remember being 21 (barely)....getting older may be a little rough at times, but it brings with it tremendous blessings that you can not partake in until you reach that over 40 era...so don't dread it dear...embrace what God has for you...each new season of your life and your children's life...its a wonderful journey God has placed us on and though some times we may want to stay exactly where we are....there are unknown joys that await you...at 25, at 30...at 45...and even at 55....I am believing for some extaordinary blessings for 60 and beyond...

    I always enjoy your posts Shay...your enthusiasm is catching.......be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like wonderful times!

    Your play will be wonderful adn I hope your hubby gets some rest..you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw..what a great life :)

    I love and enjoy quiet evenings like this..

    Good for your hubby. He sounds like a hard worker. I very rarely ask my hubby to do things for me on his day off. He's so deserving of it, too. :)
    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have plenty to write about. I am still baffled that you are only 20. Don't worry, when you hit 30 you will look back and think..."What was I so scared of?" Plus, once you escape your 20's there is much less drama!

    ReplyDelete