Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December Already?

It's here. Today is officially December 1st. Kinda bittersweet. I'm excited for Christmas and the girl's excitement, I'm not excited about another year ending! Another year gone...the girl's (and adam & I) another year older! Another new year, another year of fresh starts, new goals, and a new year of growth.

I'm sitting on the couch watching the old santa claus movie and listening to piper snore. The girls are finally asleep, I woke them early from their naps...and that was a mistake! At 6:45 they were so cranky! It was insane. I made sure to feed them and get them in bed fast.
We got our Christmas cards in today! I love, love, love them! However, the font is a little small...Mama D, you'll need your glasses for sure! I am excited to send them out =-)

Yesterday two friends and their kids came over and we made cookies and ornaments. I had a great time, the ornaments came out so good (& they smell great too!) I'm excited for the day that I decorate my tree, stand back....and there are a ton of hand made ornaments from the kids on it! 
 
I did get in touch with an old friend who I grew up with, then in 5th grade they moved away and we hadnt talked since. They did manage to tell me that THIS is what they are up to:
I'm doing well! I'm currently studying abroad in Japan, trying to master a second language haha. I go to the University of Missouri- Columbia, Currently majoring in Computer Science and minoring in Japanese, psych, and Math. So...I'm always busy. Thats the short story of where I am now. What about you! How have you been doing?

Oh. Hmmm. Well...I have to say I was not excited about saying "Oh, I'm married with two kids and I stay at home". This kind of made me feel like a bum. NO, this person is not married and does not have kids...but still, they seem to have it all together and it seems like they are doing things the "right" way. It made me kind of sad...but I wouldn't trade my husband or kid's for going to school in japan. Sorry...

That's all I got! The comment's on my last post were good! Except one..and to that one...let me just say...your performance is convincing. Thank you everyone for your input!!!!  



7 comments:

  1. Okay, woman, you are way ahead of me on the Christmas cards! Why do I always wait until DECEMBER to even think about thinking about them?? Okay, I thought about them in October, but a lot has happened since then. Hopefully you'll get a Christmas card from us ... before the New Year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind...I've missed you :)

    JUST a stay at home mom?????? Girl you're insane! It's tough...trust me I know :) I wouldn't trade what I have for school in Japan either...somedays I might feel like it but I never would! HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you ARE way ahead on the Christmas thing! I haven't even thought about my cards yet.

    And like the others are saying, there is NOTHING to feel sorry about your husband and kids and your life! Be proud!!! : )

    Ok, stepping off soapbox. heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! i just read through all your posts that i have missed (which was a lot due to my blog funk) but i just wanted to tell you that your thankful heart puts a smile on my face! hope all is well with you, your hubster and your beautiful kiddos! ps. i often feel that way, too, about *just* being a stay @ home mama...but then i am quickly reminded that it is no easy task!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still talk to my BFF from kindergarden:)
    I still keep in contact and I love talking with ol' friends. I'm so glad you did :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. JUST a stay at home mom??????
    Its the most hard but greatest job in the world. You seem to be ontop of things. I cant belive Dec is already here... I still feel like summer was just a few months ago... It was warm here for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stay at home mom is by far the hardest job I think a person can have. Its not easy. I'm back at work and I miss my son like crazy, but when I was home, it was hard. Its not like you sit on your butt all day doing nothing.
    Good job on the Christmas cards. I probably won't get mine out until the week of Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete