Monday, November 16, 2009

Proof.

I don't think word's can express how great God is.
I know, I say God is Good after every paragraph these days, but that is not enough.

Tonight at Heart Connection, we were asked "what are you thankful for this year?"
That is not a fair question. There are so many things that I am thankful for. I knew that we were going to have to answer this question, and all day I was thinking about what I was going to say. I know, I have thankful Thursdays, I can run off a list of things I am thankful for in my head...but I cannot begin to describe just what I am the most thankful for. Adding it to a list is not good enough. It is hard enough to put it into words. SO much has happened this year, heck, so much has happened this weekend that I am Thankful for. I just wanted to cry when it was my turn, but, I said that I was Thankful for what God is doing in my husband, and I'm thankful that God remembers me, and he answers my prayers. He does hear me, and allot of what I'm thankful for falls under that.

I am in awe of God. I am noticing the work that he is doing in others lives now. Not just mine, and it makes me excited. A friend of mine who is normally really shy, reserved, quiet...is going to be the speaker at next months Heart Connection. This is huge. God is making her bold and confident. I can see the change in her from just the past few months, and I am so excited to hear her speak. That is going to be an awesome day, God is working in her big time.
My husband decided he wanted to sponsor a child through compassion, and we completed our sponsorship today. He picked a six year old boy from El Salvador. I'm not going say much about him until we get our packet and I can post a picture of this sweet little boy who is already in our hearts. This is proof of God working, because two weeks ago he said "no way" to sponsoring a child. Now he picked a boy out, and say's that he wants to sponsor more eventually, but that for now, he wants to get to know this one.
There is another girl who recently started coming to church. I "grew up" with her, we were into the same things, just had different friends. She came tonight, and I could see the change. She spoke and it made me cry. God is working in her, and I can see it. She is sweet, and I am excited to see what God has planned for her and her family, she has come far already.
My sister started talking to me about church and God tonight. She currently does not believe in God, and thinks we are all brain washed and we jut need something to occupy our time. Which, I would agree with her if I wasn't a believer. I told her that I can't answer all of her questions, and that the only proof that I can give her is what God has done in mine and my husbands life. I don't have what she is looking for, HE does. This however, is a step. One step closer. God is a big God, he can do it.

My God is awesome. I love sitting back and watching him work.



3 comments:

  1. "I love sitting back and watching Him work." Me too, Shay. Me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand what you mean by the power of God working in your life and others as well. There is not a need for proof when you believe. He will do the work and then in turn you find it when you will just believe in Him. I think that is why so many non-believers feel the way they do, they just don't believe enough to look for that love God will and already does show them. We talked about that some in our Sunday School class this last Sunday. I just pray that those people will open their hearts up to God and see the wonderful miracles He will and does make every second of every day. I am so happy you are experiencing miracles and prayers are being answered!!(I read some of your previous posts).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have sponsored HariKrishnan, a little boy from India, for years now. He's grown up with my kids. My kids are 12 1/2 and 14 - and HariKrishnan is right between their ages - so they take turns writing him. Pretty cool. Before HariKrishnan, we had a girl from Brazil that we sponsored until she became of age and graduated from the program. Compassion is an amazing program!

    ReplyDelete