Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Why I Hate Fuzzi Bunz Cloth Diapers:

-They DO leak! Waterproof material my butt! WE have SIXTEEN of them, and EVERY single one of them leaks...WAY worse than ANY disposable diaper I've ever used.
-The fleece is suppose to keep your baby rash free. Well, this is the THIRD awful rash that my little one has had while using these diapers! It is so bad she is bleeding. (& no, she is not one of those babies who always get rashes, & no it is not a yeast rash!)
-They are so big. No, I do not have a small baby. Which means when I add a thick cloth diaper to her, NOTHING fits her (pants wise) unless its elastic. I end up having to buy her a size bigger, but then the pants are so LONG that I have to roll them up a ton and it just doesnt look good.

Is this really worth it!? Geeze. This leaking has got to stop! Next baby...I will be looking into Bum Genius or something else. I think Fuzzi Bunz may be hit or miss. I have one friend who uses them and loves them. But she also said that she has had a friend who has had a "bad batch" before. Okay, at $18 a pop, I can't afford to buy a bad batch!

They ARE cute though...

5 comments:

  1. Check out Kelly's Closet and read the reviews on other diapers. You might be able to find something that works better for you guys. And if you decide to bail on the FB's, let us know, we might try to buy some from you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right now im like, quadruple stuffing them to stop the leaking! I am looking around. IF we bail, we will sell ours and use that money to buy others. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shay, I just stumbled to your blog from a comment you left on Lyryn's post. Just wanted to stop by and tell you I love your blog and am so glad I found it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The baby I keep in Charleston uses Bum Genius and they have worked pretty well for me. Maybe you should buy one and try it - if it works better sell your FB's and get more Bum Genius. My cousin's friend is trying out a technique called elimination communication where she lets her baby go diaper-less when practical and takes her baby to the potty - its a pretty out there idea but it does work for a lot of people if you do it the right way - there is a lot of technique to it. She has a newborn that occasionally poops on the potty - weird but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know this is old, but I don't know if you ever solved the problem...
    I had this issue w/FB and had to wash them in original blue dawn one load & they stopped leaking. Doesn't solve the fact that they are HUGE but did stop them leaking, LOL.

    ReplyDelete