I'm not sure why God brought that up. Maybe because I hadn't thought about the needy again until the other night, when I cried myself to sleep over those children in Africa who were laying in the dirt literally starving to death, they couldn't move because they had no energy. They could NOT move! Little children...naked, starving, unable to move...laying in dirt, dying. To think that is happening all over makes me sick to my stomach.
It is hard not to sell everything we have, pack my family up and go help those people. somehow.
A year ago, I saw a man on the side of the road holding a sign for food. All I had was a burrito from taco bell, a few hours old, that I didn't eat. I remember giving it to him, and he ate it right there in front of me.
My prayer is that God will tell me what he want's me to do. We are all called to do something. Maybe God does not want me to adopt, maybe he want's me to go volunteer at the homeless shelter? Maybe he want's me to donate money? Maybe he want's me to gather things for care packages for those who need it? Maybe he wants me to simply pray? Whatever it is that he wants me to do, I will do it for him. No matter how big or small I think it is.
"Take Everything I am...I'm Clay within your hands."
On another note...
My sister want's me to take her kittens. Let me begin by saying...I hatecats. (sorry to all the crazy cat ladies out there...) I don't like pet's in general (unless its a cute puppy under 5lbs who is 100% house trained and doesn't bark to much or have accidents or shed hair. lol) I know, that narrows it down a ton, haha. Well, anyways, since she had to move back home out of Matt's house, she can't bring their cats. My parent's have a hunting dog who will eat yes....EAT the cats if they get near him. It's a risk, nobody want's to take! She does not want to give them to the pound because they were her's and matt's, she does not want to let them go.
They are neutered and all that, litter box trained (ick) OH , and there is TWO of them. OH joy!
I feel like, if I don't take them...it will make her worse if she has to give them to the pound. It will add to the stress and hurt.
I feel like this is something I have to do, if that makes sense. Even though, it is the last thing on earth that I want to do.
She said she'll take them when she moves out of my parents house. Okay, not to put my sister down or doubt her by any means...but where is she going to go anytime soon? Seriously. She is going to be there a year at the minimum! We are not talking about cat sitting for a month or something. This is a long term commitment.
Maybe I can tell her that Addison will pull their tales and hit them, and then she wont want them to come here??????
UGH!
I have a hard time saying no, because I do not like to disappoint people. Especially since my sister and I have just began talking again...and she is still going through all of this. Oh what to do...what to do....
On top of all this, my girl's are being insane today. Riley comes to get me " Mom, come look at my puke!" ugh....! Addison is getting into everything. And they are both fighting over every toy in the house. Tomorrow cannot come fast enough. Plus, it is SO gloomy out...all clouds, no sun. Makes me depressed =-(. I just want to curl up in bed, fall asleep and wake up to a sunny tomorrow. Tonight we are carving pumpkins with the girls! We loved it last year. I miss having a fireplace. We used are old one at least 4 times a week...however, it's not even cold enough yet for a fire. I'm just imagining. =-)
Here are some pictures from yesterday, the trick or treat on bay street. I threw the girl's ballerina costumes on them, and it was a wrap!





What we are praying for:
Guidance.
That God shows me what HE want's me to do.
Knowledge.
Patience.
For the people in need. All of them. Infants to elderly. American to Japanese, Starving to just needing a hug.
For everyone helping work our church's Oktoberfest tomorrow.
For a friend of mine, and everything she is going through.
'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
I want God to use me in any way he can too. I hurt for those people too. It crushes me to see this world in so much pain.
ReplyDeleteI am not a cat person either...and we don't have pets. But we are thinking of getting a doggie that is house trained already. Funny we are the same about pets:)
Thanks for the comments today on my blog.
I've said it before but you amaze me...you have got to be one of the most giving and selfless people I have ever come across. I'm praying for you to figure out what it is that God wants you to do...whatever is you'll thrive at it!
ReplyDeleteAs for the cats I'm mixed on that. I'm not a huge cat person and they're so much different from dogs. When my husband and I first met we got one from the pound that was just a baby kitten..when we moved she wouldn't come so we had to leave her..it was so sad. However catsitting is another story...I think I'd be more worried about bringing an animal in for a year possible and the kids getting attached to it and then when she's ready they have to leave. I think that would be the hard part.
Hey, the big thing is taking the time to see what God is leading you to do- whatever it is. Praying for that now!
ReplyDeleteVery cute photos :)
ReplyDeleteVery adorable:)
I'm right there with you! I would give away everyting to help someone in need if I could, but I know it's not feesable to literally give away everyting so I keep my heart and mind open to giving the approprite amount at what I feel is the right time. It's all you can do.
ReplyDeleteOh, and you might be suprised aboutt he cats. All they want is to love an snuggle and they are much easier to care for than dogs. I am an every animal person (except reptiles that is!) so I'm probably not the right person to ask about taking in the cats. I wish you luck with what every you choose.