Thursday, October 15, 2009

Thankful Thursday's


Today, I am Thankful for:

Finances To many, we are rich. I read about families and children who have nothing, who worry about what they are going to eat, who don't have money for a winter coat or a pair of socks that don't have holes in them. It make's me feel selfish, and drives me to want to help others even more. We are blessed beyond belief, but many times we are too spoiled and self centered to realize just how blessed we are.

My Mom Who let me come to her house and crash in her bed for four hours while she played with the girls.

Prayer The prayers that got me out of a huge $600 ticket today for "illegal window tent"

A Praying Husband Who is being transformed, who is open, and who prays everyday.

Foster Parents Who undergo pure heart break every time a child is returned to it's parents. Who open their home to love these children, to protect and provide for these children when they need it. To me, they are selfless.

My kiddos Who throw shoes at my head and cups at the windshield while I'm driving (in the rain, none the less). They make me laugh, and want to scream =-)

Friends Who open my eyes, who make me laugh, who encourage me, and help me grow stronger in my faith!

Rainbows Who I really miss! It made me melt when I walked into the class & they ran up to me to show me their artwork. They are awesome little kid's, I love them lots.

"Basics" Or, what we consider basics. Our clean water, food, home, car, shoes, clothing, schools, jobs...

My Life Because I am blessed beyond belief!

Thank You, Lord.

4 comments:

  1. Great post!! I think we all need daily reminders of how truly blessed we are with what and who we have in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list!!!!! Wonderful reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute picture and an awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All wonderful, beautiful things to be thankful for. You are blessed!

    I am also SO thankful for my son, who can make me laugh, cry and want to throw something all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete