Friday, October 9, 2009

P90X



I decided, while looking at old pictures of me (before babies!) when I was about...50LBS lighter, to get off my bum and work out.
A friend of mine is doing P90X, she started last week and said it's working. SO, I figured since we have the dvd's just sitting in the dvd case...I'll do it too!
It's a three month program, So, starting today...I should have lost a ton of weight by January 9th. That is the date. 25lbs by then would be AWESOME. If not, I'll even settle for 10. But, I will loose more than 10. I am also going on a fast-food-fast. NO FAST FOOD for me! Knocking that out will help me drop weight too. I cannot wait to begin, I am about to weigh myself, but my sneakers on, and start! Im going to document everything along the way. I can do all thing's through Christ who strengthens me

Update
Oh my gosh...I can barely move! It was GREAT, but I am FEELING IT! I'm going to have to skip a day and do it every other day...it is intense. I like how the guy repeat's over and over that it's okay to take breaks. He's always like "take a break if you need it, this is hard stuff" and he shows you "easy" ways to do each workout for people who are just beginning. It will definitely work, how can it not work!??!? I've decided to do this every other day, drink over a gallon of water a day, watch what I eat, and stick with the no fast food. I did a similar diet before my wedding (but i didn't work out at all) and I lost 45lbs. in 3 1/2 months. I am determined.

7 comments:

  1. We own P90X and my husband always says that he is going to do it... but never does. I did try it and it's HARD! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, if you're going to do it, then I might have to do it. I want to be really fit again - you know, work my butt off and still be able to breath fit. I'm excited for you! And you're right, the fast food fast should really help. Cutting soda is a huge one too. You're going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have never seen it but sounds really good. I do know that you are right--- leaning ( falling, whatever...HA) on HIM is a key to all this for success.


    Go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to take a before and after pic. I totally want to get it for after the baby is born but I'd like to see how it works for "real people" and not the people on the commerical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 45 pounds in 3 1/2 months!?! I need THAT diet/workout!! :) I really really need to start working out more. I do the Shred but I feel like 20 minutes just isn't enough....but I do need to eat better too, it's always easier for me to work out when I eat better like they just go hand in hand. Anyway, super excited for you! I can't wait to hear the progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! You're so funny! First off, I saw that you just followed my blog so I came to check you out :)

    I am just completely my 6th week of P90X, BABY! BRING IT :) HA! Good for you! This stuff is HARD! I want to share with you a post that I wrote about my husband who had completed the whole program and then convinced me to start it. So he's on his second round now and we have been doing it together.

    It takes DEDICATION, girl! We don't follow the meal plan because it's so tedious ( at least the recipe day to day approach is), waste of money and time. I have definitely toned up in just the first 2 weeks even, then for a few weeks didn't notice much... the scale did go UP a little - my husband said that's because muscles (heavier) is replacing fat(lighter)... so it's normal to see. I am noticing more tone over all, constant muscle fatigue (due to the muscle confusion theory)

    can't wait to follow your progress! Good luck!

    Here's the link to my post: (Before and after of my husband)
    http://alt-ourhiddentreasure.blogspot.com/2009/09/lets-hear-it-for-boy-my-husband-that-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do it. I need to get back shredding. I wish I was so determined.
    Cute family you have.

    ReplyDelete