Friday, October 23, 2009

Life...what it is...what it is...

I have never known anyone (besides a grandparent) who's died...until today.
My little sisters boyfriend (of 3yrs) was killed in an auto accident today.
I'm mostly sad for her...because I can't imagine how that feels.
And, it's scary, because that can happen to anyone...anytime, any day.
He didn't believe in God, and him & I & my sister were not on talking terms because I didn't agree with the way they were living and the thing's they were doing.
But, that doesn't mean my heart doesn't ache for my sister. Or that I don't feel bad for being so mean to him this entire time, I'm a Christian, I should have loved him. That doesn't mean that things like this don't put me into a small shock mode...and make me realize how precious life is. It doesn't mean a small part of me is praying this could draw my sister to God too. I guess for hard headers, this is what it could take.
So, even though Matt is dead, I still feel the urge to pray for him. And even though my sister and I are not talking, this could be a wide open door for GOD, and me.
"Their days are like grass,they flourish like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone" psalm 103 56&16


6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, Shay. I'm praying for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you have to take a lesson from someone else's death. I am here for you to talk or whatever. Text me if you want.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine what she's going through right now..I pray this brings the two of you closer together..you could be just what she needs right now :)

    Praying for her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for your sister and her loss! Hoping you'll be able to reach out to her during this time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is such sad news. I cannot imagine what she is going through. I'll be praying for your sister and the loved ones of her boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry, I can't imagine what your sister is going through right now! I hope the two of you can become closer, life is just too short! It's a hard lesson to learn about life being so precious.

    ReplyDelete