I cannot believe 9/11 was eight whole years ago.
I remember, I was twelve and in 7th grade at a Catholic school.
I was actually in science class that morning when the science teacher flipped on the news channel as we watched. I was not sure what was happening. "okay, a plane flew into a big building in new york...". The principal had everyone in the school gather into the hallway and we all prayed right then and there.
It wasnt until that night, after waiting an hour to get onto the naval base we lived on (HIGH SECURITY!) sitting at home and learning more about exactly what happened and how many people had died, and that it was an act of terror.
The next week was pretty chaotic, the news was on at home and at school all the time and we continued to talk about it as month's passed.
I remember when they did the ceremony for all the people who died and them talking about the man who called his wife before the plane crashed. It's bringing tears to my eyes thinking about it.
LOL, in addition, it just goes to show how old I am...I was a senior in college when it happened!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I remember that day like it was yesterday...I still cringe at the memories.
ReplyDeleteIt may seem irreverent to say on a day like today, but have I told you I love your pictures in your header? Your blog is just so darn cute!!