
Burger's & fries! Of course, since we live a secluded life (compared to most) in a small town on the beach, we dont have one of these! However, one opened about 35 minutes away from us so my dear husband and I decided to stop in for lunch during our day date. (YES! DAY DATeFINALLY TIME ALONE WITH MY HUSBAND!)
When we go in, I look at the floor... crumbs and peanut shells all over the place! I whispered to DH- "im not eating here...look at this place, it's disgusting..."
We stand at the entrance observing for a bit, when we finally realize...the peanut shells and carvings are suppose to be all over the place. They have two huge boxes of peanuts at each end of the serving line, and people come and fill up a cup...eat them and I suppose it's okay for you to just dump the shells all over the floor! Got it! It was very interesting!
The food was FABULOUS! The absolute BEST hamburger i've ever had! I was blown away! I give 5 guys, 5 stars!
During our outing, we went to a movie and upon DH's request, we saw the movie "9". It was a GOOD movie, it really was! You develop a love for the weird little hand made people and I was actually anxious to see what was going to happen next! It had a good, and kind of sad ending as well! It was one of Tim Burton's better movies, im not a big fan of corpse bride and nightmare before christmas. Plus, there was no weird singing in "9". 3 out of 5 stars for this one!
My parent's offered to keep the kiddos today for a few hours, which has not been done in months! So I decided to let them go, and im sure my parents thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Even though they only live 45 minutes away (I know, it seems like everything is so far from us...) we are all so busy, we really only get to see them for a few minutes after church each sunday!
That is pretty much all the adventure we had today! Thank you lord for blessing me in so many way's! Getting to spend some alone time with my husband, having semi-active grandparent's in our kid's life, the beautiful weather today..and Lord, please help me to continue to find the blessing's in everything! Big or Small! For I know how easy it is to get caught up in the daily routines of life and forget to take time to enjoy and thank you for it all!
We really enjoy a good burger, so we'll have to check this place out. You really crack me up with the "dirty" restaurant comment!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day! 5 guys sounds wonderful....funny when we go out more times than not I end up getting a burger too no matter what they have....I am not one to try alot of new things.
ReplyDeleteWe have a place here that you throw peanuts on the floor....funny you thought it was nasty first :) that's cute!
5 Guys sounds just like a restaurant hear called Logan's. I love their food! So glad you were able to have that time with your husband. It is so very important!
ReplyDeleteLove your last paragraph. I, too, count my blessings. Especially the small ones! Sweet post.
Yay for a date with your husband! And what a cool place you guys went to...even though I would have thought the same thing walking in there! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the past paragraph as well, sometimes we need to be reminded! :)
My brother is the manager of the 5 Guys by us. We love it there! Yummy!
ReplyDelete