Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." Matthew 9:37
Something struck me tonight, when I read this passage and heard the song " I will go".
To the desperate eyes and reaching hands
To the suffering and the lean
To the ones the world has cast aside
Where you want me I will be
Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain
Let the blessing You've poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change
I will go, Lord send me
To the world, To the lost
To the poor and hungry
Take everything I am
I'm clay within your hands
I will go, I will go, send me
I am saving for a mission's trip. Don't know where too...I figure God will tell me when it's time. The first step...the money. Jehovah Jireh- the lord is my provider. If this is his will...he will provide the way.
I know how easy it is to read something, see something, or hear something and say "Oh, I want to do that". The way I'm feeling about it is not a want...it's a feeling deep down inside. When you know, that you know, that you know, that you know, that you know....that you know your suppose to do something. I was watching a video tonight, my heart was aching and something was telling me...start saving...so I am. I could be saving for YEARS before God send's me somewhere. Heck, I could be saving to send SOMEONE ELSE on a trip...don't know...but, I know that I know, that I know, that I know, that I know...that something is going to come from this...and it's going to change my life. I feel like i've discovered the missing puzzle piece.
I love that you are just being obedient with this step and trusting Him for the rest. Perfect.
ReplyDeletewow, i love this! something inside me has always wanted to do more. never dawned on me to just start "saving" and waiting for God to show me. thanks!!
ReplyDeleteI did it - it's amazing - and you don't have to spend a fortune to do it. I think my trip was only about $800 including flight etc. Worth the money i would say. You could fundraise that easy - spaghetti dinner, send letters etc. If I don't get into nursing school im going back - if you haven't begun to plan a trip by the time we start the planning for our church's trip I would be happy to send you some information. We go every year to the Dominican Republic to teach Vacation Bible School and anybody is welcome to come who wants.
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome! I hope it's not years though. :) How wonderful that you are listening to what is being said and started taking action, that's awesome. I went on a mission trip in high school and I still remember who moving it was!!
ReplyDeleteI still learning to be obedient, it's getting easier =-)
ReplyDeleteMy church goes on two "church-wide" mission trips a year. Im not sure where they are going in 2010, or what they are doing. This year they went to costa rica to help build a church. I would love to go with my church, but I want to go and do something with Children. I am a people person, I want to interact with people, and love on little kids who dont get that very often. So we'll see.