Sunday, September 13, 2009

All Glory To God!

Today was yet another awesome Sunday. My family and I (yes, even my husband...) all look forward to Sundays! We wake up early, get dressed and eat breakfast in the nursery these mornings! Right now I get there at 8:30 to help with Christmas play practice... which I am really having a great time with! The kid's are so funny! I think it will be an awesome play!!
Praise and worship is always my favorite part of church! To just stand there, lift my hand's to God and praise him for everything that the past week has held! To clap, sing, shout, and sometimes cry! We have an awesome church band- this time of service moves me the most! I had nursery duty today, and I'm not going to lie, I DREAD the day's I have nursery! But once I'm in there, I end up really enjoying the time with all the kids.
So after service, my oldest kiddo run's into the sanctuary and they are still singing! YES! It was an AMAZING time, most everyone had already left except for about 30 people...all standing at the altar singing and dancing, praising God and having a BLAST together! Kid's were up there, young adults, teens, older people...it was an awesome time. Even my little two year old kicked off her shoes, lifted BOTH arms in the air and danced her heart out!

Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Mathew 19:14

She made me and many other's want to dance like a little kid! I absolutely love our church family!
When we got home, the kiddo's went down for a nap, DH and I got to spend time together and fell asleep together on the couch, it was NICE! We havnt done that in forever. I really feel like this weekend brought us closer together (again). Then the kiddos woke up, we all hung out, I made dinner and now they are back in bed and im relaxing!





Thank you SO MUCH Lord for blessing me with an AMAZING church family! For the confidence I have in you to be able to raise my arms in praise! For the innocence of little one's who help lead other's to you! Lord, I thank you for the time well spent with my husband this weekend, for reconnecting us and refreshing our bond! Please help me throughout this week to continue to praise you, to have patience and wisdom with my kids, and to love and help my husband!

2 comments:

  1. I *love* the image you painted in my mind of Christ followeres lingering at the altar to praise Him. What a great place to be! When you talked about your 2 year old, it reminded me of that Jars of Clay song, "Love Song To The Savior" when they sing,

    "One day she'll understand the meaning of it all. He's more than the the laughter, than the stars in the heavens-as close as a heartbeat or song on her lips. Someday she'll trust Him and learn how to seek Him. Someday He'll call her and she will come running-to fall in His arms, the tears will fall down and she'll pray- I want to fall in love with You!"

    Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blogosphere and for the anniversary wishes. God is so good to me.

    So nice to *meet* you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was incredible! And I have been there in my thoughts all day. To see our little ones so joyful at the altar. It's humbling. Someday ... to see them serving the Lord with their lives. What a calling to raise our children in the Lord.

    ReplyDelete