
I have somehow become a "Rainbows" class helper at our church on Wednesday nights. I have to say, it is not what I expected, and I dearly miss taking growth groups. I feel like I am in nursery, because these kid's are 3 and 4, and just want to play. They don't listen to the stories or remember the bible verse. But now I feel as if I am in a contract, and I need to be faithful to this class. At least until we break in the summer..
God is using this class for something, whatever that may be. Maybe he has something bigger planned for me and this is just a stepping stone? If I can't be faithful in the small things (rainbows) then I sure can't be faithful in something bigger.
I do know, that this is not what I want to do for the next five years. There is a lady in our church who did mpact girls for 16 years!! She is so faithful to do what she say's she is going to do! She loved those girls and made them food and did fun activities and everything. It's just hard when these are little kids, at least for me!
"Lord, please help me to be faithful to my rainbows class! When I feel like not going or when I feel like quitting, remind me that you are using this in my life and that I need to follow through on my commitments. Lord, give me your eye's when I look at these little kids and give me your love and patience for them so that I can better teach them about you. In Jesus name, Amen".
No comments:
Post a Comment