Monday, August 17, 2009

Energy & the Purpose of Life

I need some energy and motivation!
I have ton's of laundry that need's to be put away, floor's to be vacuumed, dinner that needs to be started, kitchen that need's to be mopped, toys that need to be put away, shopping that need's to be done, and time that need's to be spent with the lord!
I am horrible about managing time, and having the motivation to do all this...when really I'd like to get off the computer and take a long nap while my kid's are napping.
Did I mention I still have groceries on the counter that need to be put away?

Today I took the girl's to a nursing home to visit, and we ended up only visiting one old couple who was outside holding hands on a bench...because I had to fill out paperwork before I can visit and the lady who does all that was too busy. I have a heart for the elderly! It saddens me that many of these people in the home's do not have family and will most likely die alone. Who want's to spend the last day's of their lives alone in a home? It makes me wonder what God's plan for those people are? What is the purpose of their life if they are in a home, no family, and most of them are not even aware of what's going on or cannot remember? What are they suppose to do?

This reminds me of a song I heard the other day, about a war veteran who came back from war deaf, blind and he couldn't speak. I cannot imagine that...it would be like living in a black hole. What is this man's purpose? He cannot hear, he cannot see, and he cannot speak! Imagine how scary that would be! It's so hard to understand these kind's of things. I am currently reading a Beth Moore book, but next I am going to read "The Purpose Driven Life". I am probably the only Christian left who has yet to read this book.

I am off to tend to my house and family!

In Christ's Love,
Shay

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you back posting! I have missed you sweet friend..

    Hearts!!!

    ReplyDelete