There is this little boy.
Tonight was a good night. You know, one of those nights when you wish that every night was like this? Mr. was home on time, house was clean and cozy, the kids played and played in the backyard until it was too dark to see them. A yummy dinner on the porch, a sweet hungry baby on my chest. We are blessed.
I let my mind wonder off to a four year old little boy who is light years away. A little boy who gets sick all to often and has no mom or dad there to comfort him. A little boy whose pictures are not that of a smiling, happy and playful little boy, as he deserves to be. But lonely,sad and ill. We know his name. We know his story. I wonder to myself, "will he be ours?", "is this our son?". I imagine what he would be doing if he were here tonight. Swinging with middle sister? Digging in the dirt with big sister? Playing with trucks at my feet with little sister? What would he look like after a few months of being "home"? We don't know a lot of things about him or his past, but a short conversation with my husband tonight confirmed both of our feelings- we're going to try for him.
I find myself looking at his photos a billion times a day. I email the coordinator and let them know that "Yes. We are going to pursue this little boy. Yes! We want him". I then spend the rest of the night pacing my house, praying, thinking. Is this happening? It doesn't seem real. This is not how it usually happens. Is he going to understand that his family is going to come for him? I get a little antsy. $28k more to bring this boy home and only a few short months to do so. Impossible, for us. Not impossible for God. This is his son, wonderful opportunity for God to show us his glory.
He fits.
"Little M" they call him.
I say his name probably 30 times a day, just to see how it sounds. It's almost 8am Kampala time, he will probably be waking up soon. What will he eat for breakfast? Does he have a best friend? How do the workers treat him? I wonder how he is feeling, and pray about his health. My husband says "I think he's our son" tonight.
I let my mind wonder off to a four year old little boy who is light years away. A little boy who gets sick all to often and has no mom or dad there to comfort him. A little boy whose pictures are not that of a smiling, happy and playful little boy, as he deserves to be. But lonely,sad and ill. We know his name. We know his story. I wonder to myself, "will he be ours?", "is this our son?". I imagine what he would be doing if he were here tonight. Swinging with middle sister? Digging in the dirt with big sister? Playing with trucks at my feet with little sister? What would he look like after a few months of being "home"? We don't know a lot of things about him or his past, but a short conversation with my husband tonight confirmed both of our feelings- we're going to try for him.
I find myself looking at his photos a billion times a day. I email the coordinator and let them know that "Yes. We are going to pursue this little boy. Yes! We want him". I then spend the rest of the night pacing my house, praying, thinking. Is this happening? It doesn't seem real. This is not how it usually happens. Is he going to understand that his family is going to come for him? I get a little antsy. $28k more to bring this boy home and only a few short months to do so. Impossible, for us. Not impossible for God. This is his son, wonderful opportunity for God to show us his glory.
He fits.
"Little M" they call him.
I say his name probably 30 times a day, just to see how it sounds. It's almost 8am Kampala time, he will probably be waking up soon. What will he eat for breakfast? Does he have a best friend? How do the workers treat him? I wonder how he is feeling, and pray about his health. My husband says "I think he's our son" tonight.
Mailing our "commitment" (aka-check) for M
We're coming for you, buddy!
So much has happened behind the scenes that has confirmed to us that this is our son. We have friends who are in Uganda right now who traveled four hours to go see our boy! She took photos & video of him and said " ...he was charming, happy, content, and loved to snuggle on my lap. He was very engaged with my iPhone and recognized himself easily when taking pictures. He would wave and say "Hi M!" at the camera."
We got our official referral for "M" on Saturday, he IS ours! This is real. We have a son in Uganda, he is real, he is waiting! Soon buddy, soon! We wish badly that we could post photos of him, but for his privacy and safety we cannot until court. It has been a beautiful weekend, God is great, too good to us!

No comments:
Post a Comment