-I never seem to get to sleep before midnight. Our home is quiet, full of sweet sleeping children and a hardworking man.
-I am thinking tonight about our friends who are flying to ET, right now, to bring home their children. I can't begin to think of the excitement, it's seems unreal that prayerfully- this time next year that will be us. God is good.
-Reading "The Circle Maker". Favorite quote from it to date is: "True faith celebrates before the miracle happens. Because you know that you know that God is going to deliver on his promises.." Praying circles around our adoption application as we gather everything we need to turn in.
-Speaking of our application. Our first official adoption expense is $250. Do we have $250 extra? Nope. Well, we didn't when we decided to adopt. It has been less than a week and we now have the $250 fee and a few extra bucks to ship it! There is something humbling about selling everything you have. Ok, not everything. Just everything that is not being used- has not been used in the past 3 months and even things that we do use but can also do without. Sold. Priorities. I hate, hate, hate that money has to be such a huge part of adopting. But its real. After we send in our application, they are going to be asking us for $2,785. Then after that, another $2,785. That is as far as I can look on the "schedule of fees". "I'll find a way to get you here if it takes my fleeting breath..."
-The kiddos and I have been busy playing, learning, getting on a schedule only to throw it off usually by the second day :) . Addy has started to a little bit of preschool work along with us each morning now- and I am amazed at what a fast learner she is! Both of my big girls are brilliant. There is this warm/fuzzy feeling I get when something I've been teaching one of them for what seems like ever...finally clicks. Homeschooling: totally worth it.
-Sigh. We are doing this.
No comments:
Post a Comment