Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sweet Moments

Random things my kids have said/done in the past few weeks that made me smile:

(me) "Addy, do you wan't Angie to come back from her visit..?"
(addy) "Yea...but I still don't wike her.."

(me) "We are going to church in the morning"
(angie) "Yay I so excited to go to church!"

Angie took a small figurine from the church nursery. Riley saw it and told her:
"You know what Jesus would want? He would want you to bring that back to church"

The girls were swinging on the swing set. Riley randomly looks at Angie and says:
"You know, Jesus heals your boo boos . Yep, every one of them".

(me) "I don't do that because I'm a big kid"
(angie) "Your not a big kid mommy! Your a mommy girl!"

Despite Addy's claims to not liking Angie, I have caught them playing wonderfully together a lot the past few days. At the beach, they were side by side! Even today I noticed they played together for a solid half hour, playing barbie mermaids.

Angie gave Addy a hug and kiss tonight, Addy pretended like she didn't like it and refused to hug her back- but she still had on the biggest smile. She is indeed my child.

As we were getting ready to leave my parents house this weekend, Riley and Adison were begging to spend the night. Angie told me "I want wye-wee and addy to stay with us, I will miss them too much"

Adison is in this phase of calling me "Mommos" and Adam "Daddos". In return, she is now "Addos". Crazy kid.

Riley asked me to turn down the music in the van today so she could tell me she loved me.

Angie will randomly ask me throughout the day "Mommy where is daddy?" or "When is daddy coming home?"

Adison had her first soccer game/practice the other night. She stood on the field and cried her eyes out the entire time because of the "buggies". She makes me laugh- she said she does not want to play and that I could even bring her shin guards back to the store!

A lady was walking around at the soccer game asking if each person had a game schedule in the packet they gave us. She gets to me, I find the packet and I'm flipping through it looking...and Riley tells the lady "She has a lot of kids". She felt the need to tell the lady why it was taking me so long to find it.

Riley was mad because she couldn't fit in the "car" (the shopping carts at the store that have a car with two seats in them) along with Ava and Adison. She says "Well, why do we have to have so many kids then!"

We made pancakes tonight, the girls helped. Angie said "I'm the baker!"

Riley is constantly asking me to put her hair up in a gazillion different pony tails.

(me) "Girls, what do you want to bring to the beach tomorrow?"
(Riley) " A blanket, ice cream, bananas!"
(addy) "A surf board & toys!"
(angie) "Pickle sandwiches and paper plates!"

We had our family pictures done last week. We got there and the girls were great for about the first 3 pictures- then hell broke loose! Ava started crying and trying to run away out of nowhere, Angie was crying about not sitting in the chair like Riley, and Riley and Adison were crying about the bugs! It was a disaster, and the shortest shoot ever I am sure!

I found addy curled up and fast asleep in the baby's cradle last week.

If we forget to pray with Adison before bed, or if she wakes up in the middle of the night scared, she will come wake me up in my bed to pray with her.

Ava is well, Ava! She is not speaking like the other girls, or else I'm sure I'd have some things to post from her, too!









No comments:

Post a Comment