A had her first visit with her parents this morning. We pulled up to DSS and there was a woman outside (who looked nothing like her mom might I add) and A asked "Is that Mommy D?". She really doesn't know who her birth parents are.
Before we got out of the car we prayed and thanked God that he cares this much about her, that her visit with "mommy d" and "daddy k" would go well, that she would have fun and that I wouldn't cry. As we were walking up her parents were too. They came running up to us with an easter basket and gifts and asking to hold her etc. They mentioned how much they loved her hair and how her mark from her fall didn't look bad at all etc.
I brought her into the visiting room, so many people crowding her I didn't even get to say bye. I left and had a little over an hour to kill. I wanted to cry, my eyes watered but there were no tears. She doesn't know them. I had to leave her. Will she want to come with me when I pick her up? Is she going to have an accident? What are they going to talk about? We've come so far bonding & attachment wise, is this going to put us back at square one? Thank goodness her mark from her fall looks so much better today. Is it time to pick her up yet?
I had nothing to do so I went home. My Addy girl asks me after about 15 minutes "When are you going to get A?"
"In a little bit. Why...do you want her to come back...?" (me)
"Yea...but I still don't wike her." (addy)
That's my Addy, she has had the toughest time adjusting to our newest member but it put a smile on my face to see that she wanted her to come back.
We all loaded up in the van to get her. I walk in and there she is, she sees me and runs to me saying "Mommy!!" and gives me a hug. I'm pretty sure my heart melted. She remembered me. She wanted to come home. She said her goodbyes to her parents, took my hand and we were off. Everything was back to normal. We headed to the beach and I was happy. God is good and she is curled up in my bed asleep right now.
She loves the beach, by the way. She requested next time we go for me to bring a blanket, turkey sandwiches, pickles and beach toys. I was unprepared today.
No comments:
Post a Comment