Funny, Mr. and I were in the kitchen talking about our future foster children this morning when my phone rang! I saw it was our worker and dashed into our bedroom to answer. I let him vent for a while, he went on and on about how he called DHEC this morning and lit a fire under their behinds and how ridiculous it is that it's been months and they have yet to even call me...yada yada yada. To make a twenty minute conversation shorter, he told me that if they have not called me by Monday at 5pm he would get managers & supervisors involved. I hung up the phone happy, of course, even if it meant more waiting. I was happy that he was thinking of us and trying to get things moving, rather than us sitting in a file somewhere in the lost drawers of his desk, collecting dust. I was very skeptic about DHEC though, and figured they still wouldn't call. But...sure enough, about 4 hours later they called to schedule it! I was thinking that it was going to be weeks out, but God is SO good, because it is THIS Friday! Less than two days away!
So what happens "next"? After Friday, we are D.O.N.E with our licensing process! Our case worker will type it all up, send it out, and he says it takes 3-4 days to get back from Colombia. 3-4 days in government work talk.....I'm going to say 3-4 weeks. So very excited! SOON, we will be a licensed foster family and will have more little ones!
This calls for one of my favorite songs! Enjoy.
Ahhh how exciting!! I am so excited to follow your journey as you become licensed and receive your first placement. Exciting times are ahead for your family. : )
ReplyDeleteTwo weeks will be realistic for it coming back.
ReplyDelete