Waiting is testing.
Waiting just plain sucks.
But, waiting is biblical. Most everyone in the bible was waiting on something. And God always came through, of course, because he keeps his promises. I have to continue to remind myself that we are waiting for a reason...that God uses our wait to work in us, despite what we may think, it's not just a waste of time. I found myself laying in the children's room last night & praying over it, praying for the children who will be sleeping in those beds...playing with those toys. Laughing, cry, jumping on the beds. That I will continue to wait on God, that I will use this time he is giving me to draw closer to him and pray pray pray for the changes that are about to happen in our life, and the lives of the children who will be with us.
It will happen. One day, that room will be filled...not a single day late. (Habakkuk 2:3)
And, one of my favorite songs to end... :) (pause my music at the bottom!)
I needed to hear this- thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDeleteIt is true....I have never thought of it like that! Still really stinks :) BUT sooo worth it!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you for this post! It reminds me to be patient & things will happen when they're supposed to
ReplyDeleteSo true! Have been reflecting on our wait and the lessons we have learned and the reasons for the timing of it all lately.
ReplyDelete