We are (for the most part) settled into our new home!
And, we love it! So much more room then the home we were in, and I love our neighborhood. I have some clothes to hang and put away, and some things in the garage to donate...but we are done! All three girls are napping, hubby is at work and life is back to normal.
We had our last foster care training session in the middle of the move as well. Yea, talk about a crazy weekend. We didn't really learn anything new, went over different kind of punishments and such, watched a few videos, and that was it. Our inspections are suppose to be scheduled already and our home study is ongoing. We're flying through it all! Which leads me to the planning part.
I am a planner. In my head, I want to have this child's room done...clothes purchased and all. I want to be 100% ready for that phone call. However, I cant be. I don't know the age or gender of our first placement. We have a room "deemed" his or hers...but that's it. I see a lot of last minute shopping and prepping in our future!
Now, I seriously need to get back on track with my letter orders!
Love your new house. I can't wait to meet and love on your new one....whoever he or she might be!!
ReplyDeleteYay! I love the new house and can't wait to see what you do with the inside. Plus, it's cool having you around the corner from me. Looking forward to meeting your new one as well. The day will come soon enough! :)
ReplyDeleteJust saw you're a new follower...so of course had to see who was following! Foster care is a wild, wonderful, crazy ride! And you will often question everything, but it is SO worth it! :)
ReplyDeleteWe became licensed in the middle of a move and actually had to have our home study done twice! One word of advice: Don't buy anything until the child arrives! We've had a few placed elsewhere after the call. The exception is having a car seat, crib, and high chair stored away.
ReplyDelete