Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday

4810327544_8de76ff062_thumb1_thumb_t[1]

From: Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

The weather in my neck of the woods:

Spring like! Low 70's, mid 60's! Sunny and great!

Except...Saturday its suppose to rain... Saturday is also moving day. Go figure.

Things that make me happy:

A great group of friends at church.

Having dinner delivered to us by a lovely woman.

Being debt free, & buying big purchases with cash!

Book(s) I'm reading:

“Parenting isn't for Cowards" Jame Dobson

What I'm enjoying on TV:

Parenthood. My I'm going to be so sad when this season ends!

On the menu for dinner:

Chicken, Potato salad, rolls & lemonade :)

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

None yet.

On my To Do List:

Buy more packing tape

Laundry

Pack

Take girls to the park

In the Craft Basket:

One letter order to finish up! Then I'm done for a few days for the move!

Looking forward to this week:

Moving!

Our last Foster Care training class.

My favorite blog post this week (Mine or other):

"The Art of Being All There" from Breaking Through

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Lesson learned the past few days:

Don't let anyone make you feel that what your doing for God is not "big" enough, or in recent situations.."cool" enough. If you are doing anything for the lord at all, you will be blessed!

On My Prayer List:

Sanity for this move

Another great Foster Care class

Hearts & eyes will be opened to the children in the foster care system, from adoption to needing a safe place to stay for a few nights.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

"There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work."

1 Corinthians 12:5

3 comments:

  1. I love that verse! And those footsie picture at the park, that made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with moving and the rest of your Foster Care training! I think it is just amazing what you and the family are doing.

    I hope you have a great week! Enjoy your weather! It's cold here again this week.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea- almost done with the classes.....
    Love that verse!!! AMEN!

    ReplyDelete