Thursday, November 18, 2010

Prayers.

I'm sitting here, trying to loosen up. Trying to get this knot out of my throat.
Trying to get the tears from my eyes.
After all the praying I have been doing- I think God may have just given me an answer...
I just read something that struck me hard, and put me in my place.
I sent it off to my husband at work to look over & give me his thoughts.
We might be onto to something.
Not the something that a year ago, or even a month ago- I thought we'd actually do.
Something that I had been hiding from, because it is messy...and there is hurt involved...and that is what I wanted to stay away from.

But- God's plans our often different from ours :)

" People will wonder what we are getting ourselves into. People will question our wisdom. People will refer to every horror story that they have witnessed so as to be sure we are not naive. Although we are definitely walking by faith not by sight, it is not the same as being blind. This isn't a lolly-pop, gumdrop road we may be skipping down. It is the road of obedience and love. Being blind is choosing not to acknowledge reality, sin, or the ugliness that corrupts even the most beautiful creation. Obedience is counting the cost, looking reality in the eye, and choosing to love and show mercy regardless. "

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your beautiful and encouraging comment today. You have a way with words. Thank you for stopping by, you have encouraged me today to keep living out loud. :) May God bless and direct you as you seek him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAYING with you.... :)
    No gum drops, but trading those for God's blessings- sooo much better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will be always be horror stories, but His grace is ALWAYS sufficient.

    ReplyDelete