Tuesday, November 30, 2010

If not now, when?

..."Why NOT you? We can come up with our excuses. We can say..."I don't own a home or I don't have enough money...or I don't have enough time. You can think of all those reason's & all the horrible stories that you hear. You can always come up with a good excuse. But if not you, who? And if not now, when? There are so many children with needs, and no, we may not be in the best position in our lives, but guess what? These kid's don't need that anyway. They are asking for someone to simply love them..."

{scroll down & pause the music}

I ran across this video today- a few hours after the Foster Care Licensing man said he was going to personally bring us an application. A few hours after I had a difficult time getting big sister into the van leaving chic fil a. A few hours after I had time to sit and think about what in the world I would do if there was another little one in our house, or how I would manage bringing along another little one to places with us. After I looked at our "spare" bedroom and wondered if it was really big enough for another child, even temporary. After looking at our yard and thinking that it's not "nice" enough, not like pictures in books of kids playing in these super nice manicured lawns and landscaped areas. Looking at our three bedroom, two bath, 1200 sq foot home, thinking it definitely isn't big enough.

Then this simple video put everything back into perspective for me.
These children don't care about how manicured our lawn is. If they will get their own sink in the bathroom, how big their bedroom is, how many square feet their home is, or how many sisters they will have :) They don't care if we don't make six figures. They don't care if Mr. and I or young or old...they just want to be loved and to feel safe.

Besides- WHO is it that says we aren't ready or that we can't do it?
WHO would be the one's thinking we have gone insane?
WHO would be the people talking about us not being able to handle it?
WHO is going to tell us that we should wait?

Wait? Wait for what? Is there EVER going to be a time in our lives that we are going to be 100% "ready"? There will ALWAYS be excuses, always be "things" in the way, always something going on.....wait for what ? My kids to be older? Who says we're not always going to have a little one in the house? (or a few......*grin*...) and even when our children are older- who says we will be "ready" then either??????

WHO says our house isn't big enough? WHO says that every child has to have their own bedroom?
WHO says that we have to make a ton of money to love on a child in need?
WHAT is enough money, anyway????

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will."
Romans 12:2

5 comments:

  1. PREACH IT SISTER!!!! AMEN!!!! There is never a perfect time to take a chance for God - EVER- you have to just do it & leave it up to HIM! So who should we be afraid of? NO ONE!

    ReplyDelete