Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Random Thoughts

-We took big sister to an eye appointment this morning. She needs reading glasses for reading & watching TV. One of her eye's turn's inward- noticeably- when she focus's on something.

-All three of my little girl's are asleep. It's so quiet, and I'm kind of bored.

-Mr. actually had yesterday & today off. So we spent yesterday doing nothing! It was so nice- we caught up on sleep and just laid around the house all day long. We got to carve our pumpkins & have a family meal too! Today we are getting all of our appointments and errands out of the way.

-Tomorrow is our town's annual "trick or treat" downtown, and I have no idea what my girls are going to be. I should get on that fast.

-Orphan Sunday is coming up soon! (Nov. 7th) and I'm very excited about the many thing's our church is doing for it! Praying many hearts will be stirred!

-I may not be running the 5K I've been planning on running now. My running partner has pretty much been sick the entire time we've been training, and I do not want to run it alone. Boo. Maybe I'll sign up for one that is a little further out.

-I'm thinking of taking up sewing. I tried making bows, and it was not for me. But there are so many cute things I can sew and I found an amazing blog that provides step by step directions for making all sorts of things. Thinking I can make our own tee shirts/key fobs/Christmas ornaments as one of our adoption fundraisers next year. By then- I should have it down pat.

-Someone gave Middle sister gum last week and it got in her hair. I had to cut it out of her bangs. It was that bad. Now she has short chopped up bangs. Sigh....

-I need 11 more followers before I do my first giveaway! (when I started this blog, I told myself I would do my first giveaway once I reached 100 followers...I'm at 89!). I will post pictures/details when that time comes though! :)

Speaking of giveways, I won my second giveaway this week! A cute handmade fall onesie for little sister! :)

-I have been excited to find/follow blogs of other adoptive families in my state (SC). It's nice to know there are other families out there, not to far from me!


1 comment:

  1. -My son has the same eye issue as your daughter, but he has been wearing glasses since he was 2.
    - I can't wait to do my first give away too!! I am going to do it when we are an official "waiting family".

    ReplyDelete