Me: "Hey do you like this shirt?"
Mr: "Hmm....yea...the green one is kinda cool".
Me:"WHAT? Really? Do you want it?"
Mr: "Ugh....I don't know...that could be $20 towards "Fable III" (a video game-his biggest hobby and pretty much the only thing he ever wants to buy).
Me: ...silence....
Mr: "Just kidding....yea I kinda like it, you can order it for me, I'll wear it".
Me:"WHAT! Really? I can? Are you just kidding? Your really going to wear it? You really like it?"
Mr: Yea.
So as fast as you could say tee shirt I had that sucker ordered!
Ok, some of you may not understand why this is such a huge step...but if you knew him, and you knew how "No we're not adopting, I dont want to talk about adoption" he was just one short year ago...this is a BIG step! Praise God!!!!! Another reason why it's such a HUGE deal, is because this is the shirt:
One the BOLDEST orphan advocating tee shirts I've seen. I'm proud that he picked this one, I really thought he would end up choosing one that has some intricate design on it, or really small text so that you can't really tell what the shirt is about, but nope, this is on the way! Go God! Not to mention the fact that he was right...that $20 could have very well been put towards his video game.
REJOICING about the small steps!!!!!!!
One day I'll be looking back on this post and laughing :) But for now, this is progress made!

That is awesome.....and a pretty neat shirt too.
ReplyDeleteShay,
ReplyDeleteOur next missions trip is to Honduras. It's the 3rd week of June. We are going to be working in an orphanage full of babies. Let me know if you want more info! I would so love to have you on this trip with us.
We are going to be talking a lot about it at the Thirsty? Conference next weekend (October 29th and 30th).
Cherie <3