Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Foot in my Mouth.

Today, I realized how easy it is to say thing's like :

"I cannot play it safe and please God"

And talk about being radical for God, and stepping out of your comfort zone & doing something crazy for him..

And actually doing it.

Today, when I was asked to consider going to Honduras to work in an orphanage for a week, I felt like laying down & hugging tightly to the balance beam :


Today, I realized how easy it is to talk the talk, and how hard it is to be asked to walk the walk.

Today, I realized how much I actually like the safety of sitting in my house reading the blogs of everyone else doing stuff, and thinking "oh, I'll do it one day".

Today, I realized that God's plan's are not mine- and if this is what he want's me to do- this is much sooner than I had ever imagined doing anything.

Mixed emotions for sure, excitement and some fear mixed in. (fear of flying and missing my family) I have lots and lots of praying & seeking God to do.

It's funny how I've been praying and asking God to show me what he want's me to do...and wondering just how I can help and what I can do right now...and when someone ask's me to go on a mission's trip...I realize how much easier it would be to say just say No thanks or not right now. But- I have a peaceful feeling about this, but it is so soon! Craziness! Will you pray with me?






1 comment: