My sweet baby girl turned two months old today! :) To kick it off, I decided to finally get off my bum and start losing more of this baby weight, and what better way to do that then to also achieve one of my goals and run a 5k!?
So last week my friend and I began doing the "Couch To 5K" training. The first night, I was sure I was going to die. There was no way that my body wasnt in complete shock. I couldn't even run the entire time that we were suppose to run. However, tonight, I am very proud of myself! I ran the entire time x3! I ran three times as much as we did last time. I did not feel like I was dying (I was tired and sweaty of course). I feel really good!! I am thankful to have a friend to run with, who is reliable and will help motivate and push me to keep going.
This week I get to start going to bible study again too! I have not been since last summer :/ The thing is, the only bible study that the women from our church have is on a military base. If your not military (and we are not), it is a royal pain in the butt to get a pass on base. It's about a 25 minute process, involving getting ALL three of my children out of the car with all of our information, and waiting in a line to get a pass. Not only that, but you have to go to a COMPLETELY different base to get a pass! The base that I need to get on doesnt give out passes...urgh! I could go on.
So recently I had a friend over and we were talking about this- and how we wished there was a bible study that we could go to, off base. As soon as she left, DING! Why don't we have one at her house!! (I say her house because she said during our convo. that she'd open her home to one, lol). And so, it's on! Starting this week! I'm very excited, going to bible study last summer really kept me on my feet and motivated me to get into the word more. Plus learning from the other women who went and being able to share with them what is going on in our life...etc etc. Good times :)
On a side note- big sister is totally ruined. How long has it been since my conversation with her about Orphans? A few weeks right? Well tonight I was putting middle sister to bed and laying down with her I overheard big sister in her room talking to her dad. They were having a conversation about Orphans, and I could only hear what big sister was saying. I heard her telling her dad again, that the Orphans have no home, and no sisters and no toys. Then I heard her scoot over on her bed and she told her dad that they could sleep with her because there was a "big enough" room for them in her bed. Oh yes- I was smiling! That's my girl :) I pray that she continues to think about the children who are less fortunate than her and that she grows to do what we are all suppose to do- and help those in need.
Great job on your running! You'll do great in your 5K. I'm not a runner, but since doing the inline marathon and knowing the snow will soon be on it's way, I am thinking I should get into running so I don't lose the progress I have gained. Good luck in your training!
ReplyDeleteUgh working out after having a baby is hard, keep up the good work!!!!
ReplyDelete