Last night, I was watching a video that had some Orphans from Africa in it, and big sister asked me "Mom, who are those kids?"
So I began to explain to her what an Orphan was. I told her they were children & babies who had no mom, no dad, no home, and no family. She looked at me confused, and said "But mom, we can help em'! They can get their stuff & come here!"
My response..."Your right, Riley. Would you like to help one of those Orphans and bring him here to live with us? That mean's you would have to share your toys, your mom & dad, and you probably would have to share your bedroom too".
She was perfectly fine with that, and said "Ok, lets go get the little boy and save him".
If only it were that easy, right?
I told her that before we get him, we have to pray and save lots and lots of money. We have to buy him clothes and "make" him a bedroom too. So she said he could share her toys and sleep in her room. She said she wanted to paint her room green for him.
So all night (and all this morning), she has been talking about going to get this little boy. Notice how from a picture of many children, she says its a boy we are "saving". When Mr. got home, she said "Dad! We got to help the babies! They don't got no dad or mom or house or car or toys or even sisters! They are sad! We gotta help em'!" and a few hours later when my brother called, she got on the phone and told him that we are getting a baby boy and we are painting her room so he can sleep in it and we got to get lots of money because they are sad and we gotta help em'.
Then the sweetest thing was this morning, she woke up asking about the boy. I told her to keep praying & saving money. So she said "Dear God, please help all the Orphans in the world & help them all".
One good day, my baby girl. I love how she thinks that we can just go, right now and get "him".
Lots of praying & saving...
Keep praying.....because the faith of a child is great. Greater than most would think. Hang onto that hope. Hang onto God in that hope. Know that God listens. He hears your heart. Your heart is being conformed to His....which says- look at these beautiful children all over the world.....that all need a home. Could you please open your door to them- to me- and let them in?
ReplyDeleteIt will take money...it will take time....it will take patience- lots of it....it will take work....it will take GOD & YOU to accomplish, but in the end.....it will shape your whole world. Your whole life as you know it will be forever changed. And when people say to you- oh he is sooo lucky to have you for a family. You will say- NO I AM BLESSED that God gave him to us.
He will bring you joy unspeakable because it is the picture of God you will be praying over in your mind. Encourage this faith....deepen it....share it.....dream about it as a family....know that God will lead you all. And in turn lead others :)
(*I will work on those questions too- soon :)
I totally agree with what Dawn has said. This whole post made me smile. I can't wait to see where God brings your family, He is obviously leading you to step out and do something.
ReplyDeleteI love the innocence and heart of a child! Beautiful - absolutely awe inspiring!
ReplyDelete