Monday, July 5, 2010

We're Ready!


For our littlest girl to make her arrival! I'm "officially" nine months along & I have (about) 27 days left!!
My friend & I took a trip to Target tonight and I bought everything I'll need for my hospital stay, and a few random things for littlest sister...& we're done! We have everything we need (& more) to "begin" our lives as a family of five (well, except the baby of course).

Our fourth of July was great! We really enjoyed church service, ate lunch with our kiddos, and then bought some "little" fire crackers for the girls (snakes, tnt poppers, sparklers, smoke bombs...all the little stuff). We ate almost an entire watermelon ourselves, napped & then headed out to see fireworks! We met up with a bunch of great friends, the girl's played on the bounce houses, ate, and drank plenty of fluids! I was barely getting by in the heat (& it wasn't even as hot as it has been! It was pretty nice weather!) so by the time sunset came, I was finally able to relax and enjoy everything without being so miserable. We hung out in the grass & watched the girls run around and play chase with friends, play with sparklers and glow sticks until the fireworks began! Middle sister was semi-afraid of them. She wanted my best friends daughter to hold her. Then, once Big sister saw that middle sister was afraid, she all of a sudden was afraid too, and had to go sit with our friends on their blanket (because the fireworks couldn't get her on their blanket). So, Mr. and I got to sprawl out on the grass & watch them together. We sat in an hour worth of traffic before getting home, but hey, it's only once a year :)

2 comments:

  1. You look great!!!! I miss that end stage of pregnancy so much!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Soon, very soon.

    ReplyDelete