Finally, right? TODAY I am not as depressed and crappy feeling as normal.
I have had a cold, was up allot last night...but after taking medicine this morning I've felt good. Played play-doh with the girls, took them on a play date to BK, I took advice from a friend and I am using a hair elastic to hold my pants together, chicken is thawing out for Chicken and fettucini alfredo tonight, and it's 3pm and my girls just laid down for a nap.
I took a three hour grocery shopping trip last night...all by myself! It was nice. I alway's go to wal-mart because seriously...all the "regular" grocery stores are too expensive. I run into our bi-lo for "in-between" trips, and it cost almost $5 for a box of cereal! The meat is way more expensive, and milk is probably .50 cents to .75 cents more. Not sure why I'm sitting here talking about this stuff...
Today, I am THANKFUL for Adam's job. After mailing out some bills this morning, I realized that we are blessed, even if it's really hard on all of us most of the time for him to be gone. He has a good job, a job that he has tried to get in with for over 2 years. A job that pays extremely well, offers overtime (a little too much...), he has benefits...and pretty much everything that he didn't have in a job just a 8 months ago. Somebody today was talking about how awful his job was because he works allot, and they said "and i'm sure he only makes a crappy hourly wage too"...and I was kind of offended. Ok, really offended. I am willing to bet that Adam makes more than this guy who has a college degree...without any overtime. Urgh! Anyway, that made me appreciate it more today too...because I don't HAVE to work. All of our bills are paid, we live comfortably...and we are blessed. And no this doesn't mean that you will never hear me complain about his job again :)
So this morning, I am rubbing cocoa butter on my stomach in hopes of not getting any new marks this time around. (I didn't get any new ones with adison, all the ones I have are from Riley and they are pretty faded already). So Im doing this and Riley comes and say's she want's to help. So I let her, and she said "hey baby I am cleaning you little baby" as she is putting this stuff on me. She is a good big sister.
Okay, so...have you ever met anyone who does like, allot of nice things for people? Just always doing this and that, and then you get to know them more and more and you have this feeling that they have ulterior motives for there "deeds"? Then you realize, you know for a fact, that something "nice" that they are doing right now does in fact have an ulterior motive? I hope I make sense. Of course they are way too self-righteous to admit it, or even think of themselves that way. That...is just my thought of the day, maybe the week..maybe one day I'll figure these people out.
Bought my "daniel fast" food...and realized that I am not doing a daniel fast after all. I am going to be fasting these 21 days, but not a Daniel fast. Seriously, God does not care if it's the specific "daniel fast" (that is not even the real fast that daniel did....just a fast that christians made up). I am pretty sure my husband is doing that specific one though.
One of these days I will fix my profile and get all my "gadgets" back that were lost in the midst of experimenting with different layouts, and stop by your blogs too! ♥
I am thankful for my hubs job too because I have been at home for over 10 years now. A blessing for sure. Yes, I do know those kind of people and they drive me crazy. I can't stand people that manipulate either. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteShay so glad you are feeling better about the job. It is a tough job but I am glad you were able to see the positives today. That is not always easy when you are alone...Love you.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog girl:) I check it daily-well, when I can ;)...But I get behind on my own..ugh!
ReplyDeleteBut I love Walmart! Love the deals :)
Don't let people get to you. I think they are jealous. I have been fortunate enough to stay home since I had my daughter 25 years ago. Now I get to be home with my granddaughter. Love it!
ReplyDeleteGirl you are one lucky woman-a 3 hour grocery trip on your own :) !!!! I never thought I would see the day when I thought a grocery trip would be relaxing :)
ReplyDeleteI promise I'm trying to catch up-I'm soooo behind!
Glad you're feeling better too-now you just have to get rid of that cold!
That's awesome today was a good day!! 3 hours by yourself...isn't is awesome! Funny how we look forward to grocery shopping my ourselves as moms. :) Yes, totally know those people, don't like it! Have a great week Mama!!
ReplyDeleteGoing to the store alone is like a mini vacation, isn't it? I'm glad you are feeling normal today! There is so many ups and downs with carrying a baby. I hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteI'll be checking back in soon! :)
Wow 3 hours on your own, Good for you. I would have lost my mind in the first hour.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad your feeling ok and using that cocoa butter up. You've made it through two, you can do it!!!!
Sorry to hear you had to come into contact with a fakey nice person. Not cool!